I'm a Driver!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sebastian

Contributor
Reaction score
Well today I got my provisional drivers license which in Australia means I can drive by myself; max speed 90km/h.

So finally i'm not dependant anymore on my parents and other people to get me to and from Dive sites :happy:

This will really boost my diving

So happy!!!

Well just felt like sharing my joy :)

If anyone's interested I attached a pic of my car, 1985 Mazda 626

So now you are not only a diver but also a driver!!!!
Congratulations - dive and drive safely.
Mania

90km = ~55-60mph right?

Anyway, congrats on the liscense and be careful on the road! :D

I know how awesome that is! I was the second appointment on my 16th birthday to get my license! (Too slow to get the first! D'oh!). Then I went out and found a job to pay for gas!

Find a deserted parking lot and do some of the dumb stuff you might be tempted to do on the road. Then you can feel your car's behavior at control limits without danger and get it out of your system.

Hey, with the gas prices, you have good motivation to try for the best gas mileage. This will reward shifting into neutral and timing approaches to red lights so you don't stop. It can be fun, and it's not nearly as dangerous as finding the limits of the tires or the engine! Plus, you can go further without having to go work extra shifts to pay for gas!

very nice!

but remember, you are much more in danger driving than you are diving, so
take driving with all the seriousness it deserves

(god did i just say that? i am turning into my mother)

Yeah, 90Ks/hour is 55Ms/hour

My first car is a Honda accord 95 Modal, very nice car, I remember when I pushed it passed its limits on the tires, it was the scaryest moment of my life, specially since it was on an empty back road.

Got new tires, much much better, no cheap ****, much much safer and I actually find the actual limit of the car and tires to be about even now (hehehe so we all know what that means)

If I can just make one sugestion about having a car, Get the best bloody tires you can possibly afford, and go above the recommended limits of the tires. I have a set of pirrelies (Can't spell the bugger) anywho, they are rated higher then the cars required speed and grip the road in the wet like the water isn't even there (Not that I drive as such of course)
The reason I recommend this is because when it all comes down too it, you can have middle range brakes, on a crappy car, but when it comes down too it, the tires will be the defining factor of hitting a padestrian or stopping in just in time.
Lots of people will say its both the tires and brakes and also the car its self, and in many ways they are right, but you can have the best car in the world with the best brakes but crummy tires, see how far they go

Plus as an added bonus hehehe, I can go flying down the old princess highway during the middle of the night, doing 90 and I don't even push ma tires hehehe

OH btw, I don't recommend nore incurrage you to do as I do.

Oh and do a course in defensive driving I did it and a few others after it, and it really really teaches you the capabilitys of your car and teaches you how to handle it!

Well I'll say what everybody said to me when I started to drive:

Did they line the roads with rubber trees?

and

Tell me what area you'll be driving...so I can avoid the area!

Just Kidding!
Good Luck!

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom