I'm a hoover and I'm always the first to run out of air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J-FRAME, who are you diving with and are you trying to keep up with their dive plan or yours? I will be 60 the end of this month, or 15 if you only count the leap years, and started out trying to keep up with everyone else. I was told to 'watch the fish' and took that literally. They don't go chasing around trying to look at everything under the surface. I can find a nice coral head, invert and totally enjoy observing all that happens around it. And those that are chasing everything they see usually give up and you know what? What they chase usually swims right by me! Relax man! Dive with the gear you have and are comfortable with. Don't go out and get a bunch of new stuff that is going to 1st, cost ya dive money and 2nd you'll have to get used to and possibly require additional training/bucks! You can't fix everything by buying more gear! Dive easy and breathe easy! If the divers you go with can't or won't adjust their dive, find some/one who will. Doing this will also keep you close to the dive boat or POE. I am 6'1" and 190 so that has something to do with it. I also have injuries sustained in a motorcycle wreck that limits some movement and high blood pressure. But my mind is still loving diving and am planning a trip to the Keys soon. And remember, if the fish scatter like leaves in the wind, something's coming!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom