I'm Back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
This message will mark my return to the board (so show some love folks!)

Now I can get Two Bit from giving me funny looks when I talk about the Board in front of him <chuckle>

Lessee... a short re-cap of what's been going on since I fell off the radar scope last year...

Nearly completed my DM requirements (in same class as TwoBit, just gotta get one more OW class done for internship).

Been very busy at Denton County Auto Salvage. We've had lots of changes (both positive and negative) but we continue to grow. Have an opening for a counter person, so if you know someone who can really sell snow to eskimo's send them my way.

Had lots of gear stolen out of my truck last October. Thank goodness for insurance. My Renter's policy covered replacing all of it and the folks at USAA took real good care of me. Also a big hearty thanks to Jim Duncan of Water Etc in Athens for his assistance.

Obtained new DUI drysuit just after Christmas. Haven't had too many dives in it yet, but I love it much better than the Whites I originally purchased.

Have gotten most of the way through the TDI Advanced Nitrox/Planned Deco program. Just gotta get the dives in and perform the skills to the instructors liking.

Went to Grand Cayman in early July (will finish posting the photos tomorrow and Wednesday). Had a great time and can definitely recommend Oceanic Ventures, Inc of Houston as trip leaders, Cobalt Cost (Gr.Cayman) as the resort, and Dive-Tech (Gr.Cayman, www.divetech.com) as the dive op.

For that trip I purchased a Sony Cybershot Digital camera and housing. I LOVE IT! You'll see the results in the photos I'll have posted at the image sharing site.

And finally, I was on the recent Flower Gardens trip with TwoBitTxn and Texass. Got boat sick as usual (but not as bad thanks to scopo patches) but still enjoyed myself immensely. TwoBit needs to be commended for his ability to find the interesting small things to photograph.

Oh, and I've moved to a better apartment and have a better home connection to the net (wireless and notebook). So I'll try to do a better job about checking in on things during the evenings. Also have new email address. So PM me if you want/need it.

And a few other odds and ends. But this should bring you folks up to speed for now.

Glad to be back and look forward to catching up with the rest of you!

--TexasMike

Look what the cat's dragged in! :wink: You gonna stick around a while? Good to see your avatar onboard again!

Good to "see" you back. Dive in and enjoy the fun..... (no swamps up here, but we do have some clear, cold fresh water)

arencha just aching to come dive in some REAL Florida swamps, instead of those wimpy-butt Texas wannabe swamps??? :tease: Glad to have you back mon ami... me casa su casa!

we have missed you. I hope you stick around for awhile now. :D

Chad

Welcome back Mike, hope to see you at CSSP later. Sounds like you had a great trip to FG this time, wish I had been there.

Good to have ya back Mike! I kinda faded out myself last fall and winter but have been back on the board since about last spring of this year and have noticed your absence from the board. Kathleen and I both changed jobs last summer and we went to CZM two more times (over the course of last summer and winter), and went to Grand Caymam as well last month. We stayed at the Cayman Dive Lodge on the East End....Awesome place!

I've been thinking about you alot lately, Mike. I've got two new prospects for "true" swampdives and need a buddy who is up to the task...Kathleen has made it clear to me that they wouldn't be her cup of tea. One is on some private property near Aubrey and one is up near Gainesville, so a Denton swamper would be perfect for the task.

I'm kind of like you in that my job is demanding quite a bit of my time this summer. I had talked to TwoBit about hooking up with y'alls instructor to further my training some, but the way this summer has been, it's going to have to wait until after fall starts...after Kathleen and I get back from Italy next month (Woo! Hoo!)

I'll try to give you a call here in the next few days, and maybe we can hook up at the Loophole one weekend for a beer. I don't have your home phone # anymore, would you please PM me with it?

You had a big hand in my contracting the scuba madness and it's good to see ya back on the board!

Welcome Back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom