I'm in the Keys diving this weekend. Where are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be at Molasses tomorrow and maybe Thursday. Then watching the buffoons at Harry Harris boat ramp his weekend(lol)
What a *great* idea! (Unless you're waiting to launch you're *own* boat).

We watched a couple of meticulous guys, last year, back their Bayliner inboard/outboard down a wet ramp, carefully undo the winch and safety straps, check everything twice, partially lower the sterndrive, turn on the blower, fire up the engine, and gun it off the trailer... or try to...

The transom straps were still attached!!!! The boat, the trailer, and the Dodge Caravan, all took a flying leap into Lake Lanier...

Sometimes life is so entertaining...

Big deal! I'm diving the Keys (K.L.) neexxxtttt weekend (6/1 through 6/3). (Where will you be diving then?)

I'll likely be making up the honey-do's I didn't do last weekend :D

I'll be diving for free a bit north of Marathon!!!

Maybe we'll 'swim into eachother' - I'm taking my family down to Key Largo.

Staying at Marina Del Mar Saturday and <hopefully> diving with BlueWater Divers Sunday morning. I say hopefully because my 16yo son needs help with his equalization technique and from past posts I've read here Brent at BlueWater is the man for this job. Problem is, he's teaching an AOW class this weekend and can't work with my son unless he finds a 2nd mate to pick up the slack.

We have our fingers crossed...

Cheers,
Hector

So we juggled the schedule a bit... whittled the trip down so that we could run as a six pack (sans mate)... and got Steven (Hector's 16 year-old) down to 50' on the first dive without issue by allowing him to descend at his own pace. On the second dive Steven descended to 35' with relative ease, and shared a dive with his dad and brother.

Dive safely, have fun, and never stop learning!

Brent, you beat me to the punch with your post! We're still recovering from a fantastic Memorial Day weekend in Key Largo.

First off, we paid $75 per person for 2 dives and found ourselves on a 6-pack with really friendly divers, instructor, and Captain. You can't beat that. Our fist dive was the Benwood where my son got to work with Brent and figured out the equalization technique that works best for his physiology. Meanwhile I dove with my other son and Monica, our insta-buddy. Good vis, NO current, plenty of marine life including two 4' tarpons hanging around. Busy dive site thanks to the cattle boats but that's to be expected on a holiday weekend.

Second dive was French Reef where I dove with both boys and Monica while Brent finished with his AOW students. This site not so busy but the same perfect conditions on the reef. The swim through in French Reef is truly amazing.

I'll always remember this weekend as the first time I got to dive with both of my boys at the same time. :smileysto

Thank you Brent Hilliard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom