I'm looking for suggestions on dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm tough I can take it!!!! I knew that was what you were talking about dood. The wife and kids paid dearly for making me miss out on the second dive. There were beatings for everyone. They won't cut my diving short again!!!! :wink:

My wife and I get certified this weekend, heading to Sarasota for vacation. Gone to Venice for yrs. always wanted to dive the boneyard. Called Florida West for the tooth dive, when I told them we were "newbies" they acted like they didn't want to be bothered with us. WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED, I guess we're going to have to start our experiance from shore

My wife and I get certified this weekend, heading to Sarasota for vacation. Gone to Venice for yrs. always wanted to dive the boneyard. Called Florida West for the tooth dive, when I told them we were "newbies" they acted like they didn't want to be bothered with us. WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED, I guess we're going to have to start our experiance from shore

Interesting. Well I am about to start a gathering thread here in a bit - it will be out at venice - you can join us :)

Wow. Florida West was one of my first dives and they were great to me. I'm sorry that they didn't treat you as well as they treated me. The shore will give you ample opportunity to get teeth. I woud recommend going with a group though. The vis down there can be hit or miss and you are pretty new so be cautious.

Steve from FW contacted me and explained that he had been having problems with "panicked" divers lately due to poor visibility, lack of conditioning, experiance etc. I guess I could hear his frustration over the phone when I told him we were newbies. I've heard nothing but good things about FW, and plan on contacting them when I get to FL

izzyeman,

Contact depth finders in venice and go out with artisikat he is on the scuba board. I have been out with him a few times and he is great. He has put us on some good teeth. Look on the scuba board under the bone yard and you will find his contact info.

Good luck

Artisikat was my first dive charter. They are wonderful, very friendly and they drop you in the perfect spots. The charter I was one two weeks ago we found more than 15 teeth over 5in. VERY cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom