I'm New!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everyone!!
Im new to the diving world, very new. I have not even finished my certification yet, but I was wondering if you guys have any tips for beginners!! I'm hoping to do a lot of wreck diving, but I'll have to work up to that. Anybody else wreck dive here? Ahh.. questions, questions! Just good to have some friends in the sport!!

Kayla:)

Just wanted to Welcome you here and to let you know the only dumb question is the one not asked..

Glad to have you here :balloon:

Tips for beginners

Get wet
Get wet often as your buddy allows

ummm the rest will cost you lots of Oreos and M&M's

:mean:

Hi Kayla

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England.
You will find many people here who dive wrecks. You may find many people here that will tell you that I’m a wreck :)

Have fun, Dive Safe …………………….Arduous

My best tip is to relax and have fun... the best divers are the ones that have put in the time to be able to handle emergencies. But still the most importatn thing in diving is to relax and have fun.

Just a few things:
  1. I extend a big hello from north of the 49th!
  2. during any course you take, listen and ask questions (there is no such thing as a dumb question, just a unique one)
  3. wrecks are great to visit, make sure you know what you're doing on them though, if you don't and you make a mistake they (like other confined spaces) may not be very forgiving
  4. dive often
  5. practise your skills
  6. have fun
    [/list=1]

:D

Hello Kayla,
Welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm fairly new to diving as well, I now have all of 8 logged dives, so I know how you are feeling about the sport.

You can find tons of helpful information here, I know that I certainly have. This board is very friendly and the wealth of knowledge/experience is invaluable.

Best Regards,
Steven

Welcome aboard from Seattle,

Tips I say.

Dive often
stay calm
know your limits,
know your gear,
know your buddy,
know your fear,
know your hazards
visibility you will have
100ft clear!!!!
\
good luck, dive often and have fun!

=-)

Welcome to the boards!

Tip: Try as many different brands and styles of equipment as possible before buying.

Another tip:Enjoy!

See you 'round the boards!

Glad to have you aboard. The best tips have already been give.....dive alot and have lots of safe fun. The other tip I can give is to try to hook up with divers from the board. Alot of good diving buddies are lurking around here.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom