I'm planning to get gear soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations for your certification! It is nice to see that you have allready decided your future direction with wreck, cave, night diving as well as OW, which is good and important in selecting equipment.

According to the BCDs you liked you might be interested in the following features:

Good Looking BCD that means high prestige,
Freedom in Diving that means less effort and more fun,
and maybe a compact BCD.

At least this is what the manufacturers are advertising for these models. You are looking to buy also a BCD that is also capable to be upgraded when the time comes to dive deeper and maybe with twins isn't it?

Your BCD is a Zeagle Ranger.

Concerning the computer it is a must for deep diving. Personally I own many Aeris, an Aladin Pro, a VR3, Tusa Imprex. I would strongly suggest Aeris ai.

Regulator: Scubapro Mk25 S550 ? It is a good choice. My personal choice after servicing hundreds of regulators and diving with more than 20 different brands is Zeagle DS-IV / ZX or Flathead. There is no downside to these regulators.

Wetsuit: Not too many zippers, perfect fit, aqua seals, as thin as possible to avoid excessive lead weights in your BCD / weight belt.

:) =-) =-)

Congratulations, and welcome.
Many new divers or student divers ask me about what gear they should buy.

Really there is no junk out there, but some gear has more features than others.

I agree with NetDoc, I recommend practicing OW first until you are comfortable, and then learn what ever you want.

The members of this board covered most of your questions.

It is a good idea to look for these features before you buy a dive computer:

1- Automatic water activation. For some computers, you have to turn them on before you enter the water. You cannot turn them on underwater.
2- User replaceable battery.
3- Can log a lot of dive preferably more than 25 dives.
4- NITROX compatible for the future.

Dive safely and have fun.

A thought:
Be safety conscious from the very start and get a knife and/or shears and a safety sausage/SMB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom