Immigration form for getting into Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow I guess this is a new thing. I’ll add it to my rhetoric with check in info for my divers.

It’s been nice since getting my Mexican passport not having to do the immigration dance every time I fly in or out of Mexico now.

While leaving we were just stopped by a customs officer asked couple of questions do you have any cigarettes or alcohol. Said no and were let go immediately.....
Speaking of alcohol, if I buy alcohol in town, how do I transport it back to the states? It's not "duty free" so it's not put on the plane for me, so do I put it in my checked baggage? It's more than 100 ml. Anyone have any input?

It was easy when I was on a cruise ship, I just brought it back aboard ship, they sequestered it when I got back aboard, I picked it up the morning of arrival, and paid duty when back in the United States. (It was more than one bottle. :)) This way was a ton cheaper than buying in the U.S.. Besides, what I buy is not available in either duty free or the U.S.

Cheers -

Speaking of alcohol, if I buy alcohol in town, how do I transport it back to the states? It's not "duty free" so it's not put on the plane for me, so do I put it in my checked baggage? It's more than 100 ml. Anyone have any input?

Yes, of course, you pack it in your checked bag. I would put it in a plastic bag or two to guard against spillage in case it breaks, and wrap the bagged bottle in a lot of cushioning, like a wetsuit or clothing. If you can get bubble wrap, even better.

Thanks. I have some extra room so I may carry down some bubble wrap :)

Thanks again and Cheers -

It was easy when I was on a cruise ship, I just brought it back aboard ship, they sequestered it when I got back aboard, I picked it up the morning of arrival, and paid duty when back in the United States. (It was more than one bottle. :)) This way was a ton cheaper than buying in the U.S.. Besides, what I buy is not available in either duty free or the U.S.

Cheers -
I'm having a cup of coffee with a bit of Xtabentun right now, and I cannot buy it here in Austin. I put a bottle in a big plastic bag wrapped in a towel in the middle of my bag surrounded by my laundry for the trip home from Cozumel.

My only concern is separating the ENTRADA form from the SALIDA form.
I'm planning on cutting the page down the middle with a pair of scissors before I leave. Is this OK?
I'm having a cup of coffee with a bit of Xtabentun right now...
Never heard of that. What is it?

I'm planning on cutting the page down the middle with a pair of scissors before I leave. Is this OK?

Worked for us without any issues.

I'd fold it and crease it a bunch of times so that it could be easily torn apart - bureaucrats like to have control, and tearing it gives them a bit.

Never heard of that. What is it?
I just looked it up. It is a rum and honey liqueur. Looks good. I will have to bring a bottle back.

To help me kill time while I am sitting at the airport , what else can you only get in Mexico that is worth bringing back?

I buy Controy. It's the Mexican version of Cointreau. I use it instead of Triple Sec in Margaritas. (My name really means something. I have a killer secret recipe for margaritas.) Tastes just as good and is one third the price even paying duty on it. I brought a case back with me on the cruise ship. Paid $8 plus $3.50 duty versus $38 + 8.25% tax. Hmmm. Let me think about that.... NOT

Cheers -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom