Impulse buy. And I'm soooo happy I did it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

52brandon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Some of you may have seen my other threads and are aware that I'm extremely green to the world of scuba. I just started assembling my gear bit by bit at the same time I joined these forums. So a couple days before I signed up, I bought an Atomic B1 reg 1st/2nd used off eBay for $235. Aside from a couple scuffs on the knob, the 1st stage is absolutely mint. The 2nd stage is in great shape but the plastic is worn, and I plan to add an M1 color kit as well as jet seat piston to it which will bring it up to date in looks and functionality. I've been searching for an octo since. My standards were pretty open. There were a couple near misses on regs that I wanted for the octo but simply couldn't afford. Well fast forward to this morning. I checked craigslist for ultrasonic cleaners (been looking for one to use to clean my regs, as I want to do all my own service) and figured I'd search "scuba" and see what's on there for the heck of it. I find a newer generation ScubaPro Air2 for $50. It's all the way across the valley from me (Phoenix). So I call the guy, he had it, told him I'm on my way. Get down there to pick it up and talk to the guy for a minute as he digs it out. Turns out, he just had it serviced and hasn't dove with it since. It's got the original box, warranty card and even the original receipt. I'm pretty stoked I was able to pick up my freshly serviced octo for less than it would have cost me just to get it serviced :cool2:

Nice find on the air2. Wish I could find one for that price! I want one but haven't been willing to shell out 3 bills for an octo.

Congratulations on getting some good deals on nice gear.

thanks. I'm super excited about it. I was thrilled with the deal before finding out it was freshly serviced and had all original packaging. I picked up a brand new UK Blue Tang Titanium knife for $45 a couple weeks ago too. If you just keep your eyes always open and can be patient, the deals are there to be had. I used to run a pawn shop and in the down time at work, this is pretty much all I did. See what kinda stuff I wanted that I could get for the cheapest. you'd be amazed at some of the deals you can find. I knew a guy that used to drive around town to all the goodwills like every other day and sell the stuff on eBay. He made a pretty good living off it

Some of you may have seen my other threads and are aware that I'm extremely green to the world of scuba. I just started assembling my gear bit by bit at the same time I joined these forums. So a couple days before I signed up, I bought an Atomic B1 reg 1st/2nd used off eBay for $235.

You'll love it. You'll also never need to replace it. There's nothing to "upgrade" to.

Congrats!

flots.

PS. All my covers are chewed up. They're replacable but I don't bother. It gives them "character" :cool:

I just don't ever hear anything bad about Atomic Regs. Divers who use them love them.

You'll love it. You'll also never need to replace it. There's nothing to "upgrade" to.

Congrats!

flots.

PS. All my covers are chewed up. They're replacable but I don't bother. It gives them "character" :cool:
thanks guys. I've heard nothing but good things about the Atomic regs, that's why I went with the B1. From what I read, the big difference between the B1 and B2 is the jet seat piston. Which I plan on adding to my B1 1st stage. As for the chewed up covers "adding character", 99% of the time I would agree. But they're not from me. It's like having a scar without a story. If I did it, I'd leave it alone. Which is why I want to replace the covers. So I can scar em myself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom