In a pickel between Palau and Yap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving in Palau can not be beat. You also have a good chance to see the Mantas there too (not every day like Yap but a good chance over the week).

Yap has a lot more culture than Palau and is definately worth a stop. If you only have 3 days, you may want to book your dives ahead of time so you can dive on your arrival day and the next day. You may want to see what time they are doing the Manta dives (typically at slack tide). They also do reef dives. The 24 hour no fly thing makes 3 days pretty short but 2 half days of Mantas is still pretty good.

Hack:
thats not an option
we either stay in yap for 3 days at the begining of the trip and 11 dys in palau
or 7 days at palau at the begining of the trip and 7 days in palau at the end of the trip

I would recommend the 7 days Palau and 7 days Yap option. You don't have to be there during the full moon period to see mantas. If you are there are 7 days you are almost guaranteed to see mantas on at least half of the manta dives that you make. And there is lots to see besides mantas. Plus the boat rides are shorter than Palau.

Rickg

That's 50 lbs in one bag, but you are allowed a total of 100 lbs in 2 bags, right?

cstreu1026:
Continental is watching luggage weights. 50 pounds is the max w/wout paying extra. 70 pounds is the max with will accept. I just reutrned from a trip to Australia and we flew Continental. I was actually very impressed with their service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom