In-Camera Flash Power setting on sTTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried it last night and Nemrod your are right. In Av and Tv mode, The sTTL will under expose or over expose as it mimics any adjustment to the in-camera flash setting. Setting the s2000 in the opposite direction does compensate it somewhat but then results may not be as accurate or reliable.

Yes I am, I have shot doing exactly as I say many times with my A570 which as I said, is essentially the same as my new S90 in terms of function and set up.

It takes a fair amount of my gray matter running (of which I scarcely have enough as it is and less all the time) to sit down and type out over and again over--and over--and over---all of the conditions like I just did again wherein that this does that with that set like this and I don't think it ever does anyone any good. But maybe it does. I went out and rode my bike 25 miles, then crashed on the couch and fainted and all the time I was peddling furiously supposing in my head what does what and if I am wrong or right and if I have led anyone astray by telling them something wrong. In this case, I don't think so.

Then I get in the water with my new camera and on the bottom, I go freaking blank on what does what with this or that and those people on scubaboard are going to think I am an internet warrior because all of my pics are going to suck, no problem, just turn the dang camera on in P, set the strobe to sTTL, set flash to Forced and shoot. Makes even an idiot like me look half good, sorta.

Good luck with it all.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom