In Manila for two months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had a DM before who wore that... it was seriously funny.. couldn't stop my self from snickering the whole time. hahaha...

something ultramodern like this perhaps? :D

UW_069_Small_.jpg

he didn't make the cut for TMNT though

it was in anilao if i'm not mistaken. you guys should see that. and if you cme accross him, you can't miss him. will surely catch your attention too!

hehehe... too funny! ultramodern! hahaha..very close, but imagine shorties...

Thanks for the advice! I have been so busy with all the arrangements for work and outside work that I haven't had a chance to get back here.

I am staying in Eastwood city and based on google maps one of the shops is pretty close to me.

My initial thoughts are to do a drift diving speciality course (I have my AOW) since that seems to be the majority of diving there, and do my buoyancy checks and stuff then. I thought this would be a good way to meet other divers too.

As for the temperature of the water... to be honest I break out into a huge grin when I think about it. :) The water was 41F at 40 feet during my last dive in September and it is only getting colder. The coldest it has been here was during my cert for OW and it was 38F... when we did the mask clearing at 20feet it felt like I had been punched in the face.

The one thing I worry about though are the little stinging critters... not from a pain perspective but from an enjoyment level... so I may stop by my LDS to pick up some rash guard suits since I know it comes in my size here.

Again, thank you for all the help with this.

Holler when you get a clearer idea of your schedule. My friends and I usually go diving on weekends, and we'd be happy to bring you along! :) Anilao and Galera are indeed your best bets. If you find yourself having a longer weekend (3 days off), then it should be worth a trip out for more diving options :)

Welcome to the Philippines!

Holler when you get a clearer idea of your schedule. My friends and I usually go diving on weekends, and we'd be happy to bring you along! :) Anilao and Galera are indeed your best bets. If you find yourself having a longer weekend (3 days off), then it should be worth a trip out for more diving options :)

Welcome to the Philippines!

hey wershsie! is that an open offer? i'd be very interested to tag along!

my girlfriend and i normally dirve down to anilao on weekends (day trips mostly), but she doesn't dive (and has zero to negative none likelihood of picking it up). and basically just hangs around with me at surface intervals. sadly, since i don't have a buddy or group, i have to sit by the resort a couple of hours until theres a group i can tag along with *sob* (cue: maala-ala mo kaya soundtrack)

which resort do you go to normally? let me know if it's an open invite =) cheers!

glenver

Hi Glenver!

Of course it's an open offer :) We're actually diving in Anilao this weekend, so you're welcome to join in! We should be in Saturday for lunch, then we'll be diving in the afternoon. Then maybe 3 dives on Sunday before heading back home :) Hmmm... Would your surname happen to start with a "G"? Haha... I think I know who you are! ;P

Back
Top Bottom