Incident Today at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having recently dove Blue Springs Quarry (put your money in an envelope, slip it through the slot and go diving...) and Portage, I'm looking forward to going back to Gilboa. Period.

The visibility (even when it's mucked up), training platforms, and stuff to see is superior. Period. I'm willing to deal with Mike's rules and charges to have access to this dive site.

If any of these incidents would have happened at Blue Springs on a week day... there's no one there with a phone and, from what I've experienced, no cell signal.

Barracuda2:
Tried to post this yesterday; SB must have had a hicup
There was one reporter there on a witch hunt---don't know from where. I think she got a little frustrated as the comments, questions, and interviews went on. She was heard saying as she left, "no one is going to tell me how to do my job."

M

Melissa Andrews from WTVG 13.... I sat in the back and heard her grumble.

Gotta love the media and their desire for dirt, Don Henley said it best

"She can tell you bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
Its interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry"

I don't have much respect for the media.....

wb416:
Mike... unless someone is reading from a script/prepared-speech, they don't over analyze their choice of words ad nauseum.

Of course but, IMO, ones thinking and/or knowledge on the subject needs to be pretty hosed for that word to even pop into mind.

MikeFerrara:
Of course but, IMO, ones thinking and/or knowledge on the subject needs to be pretty hosed for that word to even pop into mind.

That's easy to sit and presumptuous to say in an asynchronous exchange at the leisure of your keyboard. Could he have chosen a better word... sure. Is it worth dissecting ad infinitum... not even.

wb416:
That's easy to sit and presumptuous to say in an asynchronous exchange at the leisure of your keyboard.

Very easy.
Could he have chosen a better word... sure. Is it worth dissecting ad infinitum... not even.

It doesn't take much disection.

All fun hobbies have a risk factor!
You have to follow safe precautions and be redounded. How many parachute jumpers die each year because of health or just they did not have a redounded shoot? You have to have your back up.( the right equipment(redounded) for the right activity(dive)). It happens to be some times your number is up: at the time your are doing your favorite passion in life. You would be happy if you could go out like that. I would.
My best advice would be is to stay right with GOD and to live to your fullest positional. (dive smart & Live Long)
Scott

Back
Top Bottom