Independant Contractor Agreements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carltona

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone use a written agreements with their independent contractors (IC) who are instructors or boat captains?

Especially if you're in Florida.

Thanks

We have an agreement with our Independant instructors. We have 2 instructors that teach for us. Basically it spells out what they get paid and that they are required to maintain their insurance, maintain the ability to certify with Padi, follow all Padi standards and says about a hundred times that they are a contract Independant instructors. The IRS is a big deal and if the instructor 3 years from now gets audited and tries to throw you under the buss saying they were an employee and you did not pay taxes. Oven if you win you will pay thousands defending yourself.

Sorry, not in Florida. However, if you'll email to remind me, I'll send you ours. I'd recommend running it by a FL labor law attorney, but it should be more affordable than starting from scratch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom