Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's mine, with my name whited out. The back has info. to remind you to come back for a 2nd dose and bring the card with you after the first dose; it includes the date you're due.

View attachment 638938
Would that be enough to satisfy foreign countries?
I do not think there is any conscientious agreement between various countries on the vaccine certification!

It is better than nothing though.

I’m still waiting for my turn to get the vaccines. In the meantime, I just take COVID-19 test before traveling overseas. For us, Americans living in big cities, I recently found out that we can get PCR test for FREE through COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Curative I just made an appointment to get it through their mobile van in Houston for next Tuesday and they will email me the results in 24-48 hours. I’m going to Belize on Saturday, February 6. I need to get the PCR test done within 96 hours.

Last month I had to spend $130 / PCR swab test through QuestDiagnostic.com before going to Cocos. Also the same thing three weeks ago, before going to Socorro. I’ll have 9 more trips after Belize. Curative.com would save me a bundle in getting free PCR tests prior to traveling overseas.

If Indonesia is still closed by August, I just reschedule my group trip to Sangalaki to 2022 like I did to the cancelled trips in 2020 rescheduled to 2021.

Any proof that you have been vaccinated?
You might need it to travel to a foreign country.

Some countries have already stated that even if people are vaccinated they still will not be allowed to enter as non residents.

Should work similar like e.g. Yellow Fever vaccinations in the past.
I was issued a "proper cert" from the authority after yellow fever vaccination donkey yrs ago. And I believe the cert was recognized by all nations. Interestingly no immigration officer in any nations have asked for it after my travelling in South America. However, I am not too convince about this one.

Have to wait and see.
I would not take the shot if there is NO acceptable proof(electronic or paper) on the shot.

I wonder what would the actual value of proof of vaccination be for the country you want to enter? We do not know how long a vaccination will protect the vaccinated person, we do not know if they still can infect others and some of the types of vaccines only protect for 70% or less. Which practically means that when 100.000 people arrive 30.000 are not protected by a vaccine. We still would need testing and probably also quarantine? These tourists still can be infected, 3 out of 10 still have the rik to get sick or even die, and 10 out of 10 can bring a new variant back home.

I think it’s more about the vaccinated person would be “protected” from contracting the virus & that’s it. They might still affect others if they don’t follow the CDC protocols.

If I were to have the vaccines and somehow contracted the virus, I would still be wearing masks, washing my hands, etc. so I won’t be spreading the virus to others.

I wonder what would the actual value of proof of vaccination be for the country you want to enter? We do not know how long a vaccination will protect the vaccinated person, we do not know if they still can infect others and some of the types of vaccines only protect for 70% or less. Which practically means that when 100.000 people arrive 30.000 are not protected by a vaccine. We still would need testing and probably also quarantine? These tourists still can be infected, 3 out of 10 still have the rik to get sick or even die, and 10 out of 10 can bring a new variant back home.

Having the vaccine will not stop you transmitting the Wuhan Virus to others.

T
I think it’s more about the vaccinated person would be “protected” from contracting the virus & that’s it. They might still affect others if they don’t follow the CDC protocols.

If I were to have the vaccines and somehow contracted the virus, I would still be wearing masks, washing my hands, etc. so I won’t be spreading the virus to others.
Thanks, when would you test? Because if you not develop any symptoms you would need a test to know if you contracted the virus. Or you would have to follow the protocols anywway (that is what I think)? For a country accepting foreigne tourist it does not mean much if they have a "vaccination passport" for Covid-19. Not if the protection they offer not includes not infecting others. This is different from Yellow fever. As long we do not have all this information complete, vaccinations will not bring back tourism yet.

T

Thanks, when would you test? Because if you not develop any symptoms you would need a test to know if you contracted the virus. Or you would have to follow the protocols anywway (that is what I think)? For a country accepting foreigne tourist it does not mean much if they have a "vaccination passport" for Covid-19. Not if the protection they offer not includes not infecting others. This is different from Yellow fever. As long we do not have all this information complete, vaccinations will not bring back tourism yet.

I have been PCR tested every month and the results were always negative. The next PCR will be next week, 4 days before flying to Belize.

I don’t know when I’ll get the vaccines.

I follow the protocols closely, for example, wearing N95 mask with the nose clip firmly pressing over my nose bridge, not the useless bandana like mask that is loosely covering the nose, just for show, to meet the protocols. I see those kind of people a lot here at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom