Inflator stuck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enduser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The power inflator on my Brigade seems to be stuck open. Dove this morning and all was well on the first dive. After switching tanks put some air in my bc and it wouldn't stop airing up.

I have the Zeagle BX inflator. And I think I need a new valve insert from this kit BC Repair Kit - Pockets and Knives - BC Accessories - Zeagle Dive Systems but thought I would double check before ordering.

The power inflator on my Brigade seems to be stuck open. Dove this morning and all was well on the first dive. After switching tanks put some air in my bc and it wouldn't stop airing up.

I have the Zeagle BX inflator. And I think I need a new valve insert from this kit BC Repair Kit - Pockets and Knives - BC Accessories - Zeagle Dive Systems but thought I would double check before ordering.

That sounds right but I don't much care for inflators that use a internal schrader valve. I'd suggest you look at: Hollis Inflator only, STD K Style at LeisurePro

Thanks awap i think i will stick with this inflator type.

Looks like it is just the valve insert piece Zeagle part #112-1010

I'll give Dive Addicts a call and see if they carry / can order the part.

If somebody from Zeagle or anybody thinks this part wont fix the problem. Please let me know.

Thanks.

I had the same problem long time ago and was able to fix by disassembling the inflator, cleaning it and putting it back together. I remember I found the diagram and instructions online somewhere.

I cleaned everything up and reassembled with no joy. It seems the Schrader valve is bent slightly.

I believe the shrader valve inside is a standard schrader valve. It takes a schrader valve tool that has a long shaft, auto parts store, to reach the valve in the body.

i keep a couple of spares and the tool in my Save A Dive Kit for this, inflator hoses and dry suit hoses.

Thanks awap i think i will stick with this inflator type.

Looks like it is just the valve insert piece Zeagle part #112-1010

I'll give Dive Addicts a call and see if they carry / can order the part.

If somebody from Zeagle or anybody thinks this part wont fix the problem. Please let me know.

Thanks.

When we hear that the inflator constantly inflates as soon as the hose is put on it's 99% of the time something to do with the Schrader valve insert, be it dirt/sand stuck in it or corrosion from many years of use. It's a wear and tear thing that happens to them all eventually if the service doesn't catch it. Your assumption is spot on, that's the first place I'd be looking.

Thanks. Ended up purchasing it through ScubaToys $8 bucks shipped to Utah. :) Thanks again everybody.

Last edited:
I need the valve replacement kit, too. The part number was 145-1000. I checked Scuba Toys and could not find it. Also not available on Amazon right now. Zeagle's site shows a BC repair kit that has a bunch of stuff I don't need. Is that the only kit currently available? If so, where can I buy it? Thanks.

Incidentally, my husband and I both have a Zeagle Ranger. I bought mine used 12 years ago, and it was old then, so it's really ancient now (could be 25 years old or more.) He bought a new vest about 10 years ago. It's his inflator that is crappy, and has been since day 1. My old one is still problem free, and it says Zeagle on it, but it is a different style. Care, cleaning and diving conditions have been the same for both vests, so I feel the problem is design and/or quality.

Scubatoys site did not have it listed, but I had read another thread somewhere that mentioned they had purchased through ScubaToys.

I called em up and explained which part I was after by referencing it as the Schrader valve cartridge that can be seen in the inflator kit.

$8.96 and 4 days later and I was back in business. My order came with the new cartridge, springs and a new Zeagle button sticker. I think I still have the extra kit in the package I will see if it has a specific part #.

Good luck. Dove a Ranger before my Brigade (Ranger with smaller bladder) and have enjoyed both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom