Info needed on the Star Shrimper wreck - Gulf of Mexico, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey folks, looking for information on the wreck of the Star Shrimper. It's located about 21 miles West of Tarpon Springs in the Gulf of Mexico @ 65 fsw. I have 2 sets of numbers from this book, http://uwex.us/shipwreckbook.htm ( a must have book IMO ) and a 2nd # from nautical chart 5F which matches one of the numbers from the book.

I dove the site this weekend and while there was nothing exactly under any of the numbers, there was an extensive debris field within a 100 feet or so west of the numbers.

Can anybody confirm if the wreck is now a debris field, or did I miss it.

Does anybody have info on the wreck. I have not been able to find a thing about it. I think it's safe to assume it was a shrimp boat (from the name) but other than that.....

I plan to dive the site again in 2 weeks, and would really like to know a little more about it before I go out.

Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom