Information needed on U-352 death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone. this is my first post here. What a way to greet you all, Huh ??

What I'm looking for is information on a friend that dove the U-352 wreck off the coast of N. Carolina between the 16 through 20 June.
He sent me this link of the group he was planning on diving with.
http://www.olympusdiving.com/

I haven't heard from him since and I received an E-mail from a mutual friend that he died in an accident there. He had no details of the incident, except that he did surface and died at a hospital.
I have been doing searches on the internet for news articles and there doesn't seem to be anything on it. Could you please help ?

Stay Safe,
Franz

No it wasn't the same accident.
Yes, I contacted them and the gentleman I spoke to said he had no comment on it. Which is what I expected. He said I should contact the coastguard. So unless somone has anything. I am going to have to contact them. Thank you for your reply.

Stay Safe,
Franz

Sorry to hear about your friend. I would be interested in hearing what happened. Incidentally, I was diving with Olympus last week (6/14- 6/18)- I found them to be an extremely competent and safety conscious organization.

Bushwhacker:
I have been doing searches on the internet for news articles and there doesn't seem to be anything on it. Could you please help ?
You may want to give this guy a call.

Morehead City Police Department
Chief of Police
202 S 8th St
Morehead City, North Carolina 28557
(252)726-3131

chickdiver:
Incidentally, I was diving with Olympus last week (6/14- 6/18)

Last week was 21-25th baby :wink:

I got private confirmation that it occurred sunday the 20th; the day we got there. However there wasn't a word heard about it last week. The private confirmation I got wasn't willing to give details, and I wasn't going to press.

Bushwacker, i'm very sorry about your friend's death. I hope you find your
answers.

Spectre:
Last week was 21-25th baby :wink:

I got private confirmation that it occurred sunday the 20th; the day we got there. However there wasn't a word heard about it last week. The private confirmation I got wasn't willing to give details, and I wasn't going to press.

I know I know... too much vacation, too big a pile on the desk at work......

MY condolences go out to you and your friends family. I hope you get the facts on what happened.

all I got to say is they being very tight liped about this one, but my condolences go out to you and your friends family.
I called several of my friends and one of them said he heard about it but no info. I will keep trying .

Back
Top Bottom