Information on diving in Similan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I would like to make a liveaboard in Similans next month. Somebody could recommend me a boat? I look for something middle, not luxurious but comfortable, with bathroom in the bedroom and a little bit spacious. I have seen the Pawara and looks good. Somebody can help me?
Thanks

hi All,

How much should i expect to pay for a budget option. I am looking for a 4N similans - maybe 5N. Is 15k too low to expect? Is there a good budget operator that everyone can vouch for? Should i look for freelance person instead?

I honestly would love to go out there, but just dont have the $ to do it on a nice boat (maybe one day).

TIA

Franka! Freelance here! :)

4 Nts hey? hmmmm, the price quoted above is pretty darn good! And difficult to beat too! Though from my experience working as a DM on and off many of the Similan LOB's, at that price I think you will be sleeping next to the engine room and sharing your room with all the yukky fumes! Something I certainly don't recommend!

I would suggest something in the 22,000 THB range (including p/f & equipment), for a few extra thousand Baht you will be extremely surprised at the rise in accommodation, just an idea for you there but something I think you should consider.

Also, you could have a 3 night stay instead which takes you to further dive sites and greater treats for about the same price!

Hope this can help you ..

CP

Compression, just because you work on a boat that is overpriced does not mean there are no boats offering better quality for cheaper prices.

Actually Steven is right - because there are too many Liveaboard boats which are battling to fill up their cruises - we are getting last minute special offers with unbelievable prices. It is cheaper now to go to The Similans on a good quality boat than it was 15 years ago!

Not so great for the Industry but great for the last minute shopper!

Last edited:
How do I find out about these last minute deals ?
I'm in Bangkok and if the timing is right I'd like to do a 4D to Similans.

Any place I can sign up for these emails ?
I will not be in Phuket until the 1st week of July (unless I get a great deal on LOB).

Back
Top Bottom