Inon and Heinrich Weikamp iTTL converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a question for Nikon users. When you use the Heinrich Weikamp convertor with Inon strobes, where do you control the Flash Exposure Compensation? Do you do it on the camera or on the strobes?

Tim

Well, as per the documentation (or what I could decipher of it, anyway), the strobe's EV controls are for fine adjustments only. I use the controls on my body.

I am a Canon user, but I assume the principle would be the same.

Vandit

Wolverine:
This is a question for Nikon users. When you use the Heinrich Weikamp convertor with Inon strobes, where do you control the Flash Exposure Compensation? Do you do it on the camera or on the strobes?

Tim

Have you tried contacting Matthias?

Found this on his website... i think you are correct that if you want to keep the strobes on TTL, then you use the internal camera FEC adjustments to fine tune. Also, according to Matthias' site, it says to put the camera on "rear" to set the TTL converter to manual mode if you want to manually control the strobes. I presume he means "rear curtain".

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm

Vandit - I think things don't work properly if you start using the Inon ev controller while it's still set on STTL and the converter is on TTL mode.

I shoot D200/Z240:s with the HW-converter. Unfortunatelly I can't reach the flash control button on my housing (Hugyfot) like you can on your Aquatica. But if I could, I would probably use the cameras flash control as that would be much neater. I have tested it on the kitchen table and it seem to work. Now I have to do it on the strobes instead. Regarding TTL, I use the 'manual+TTL'-mode, which in practice means I have the converter turned on and put the strobes in 'manual'. They then function like in manual mode - the strobe delivers the amount of light I have dialed in on the EV-control button. Only if I should dial in a too high value, that according to the light meter would over expose the image, TTL steps in and quenches the amount of light. For regular TTL, I just put the strobes on 'Full'.

/c

Back
Top Bottom