Inon D2000 - Advance Cancel Circuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingLonghorn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well it looks like I have lost the magnet to my D2000 that disables the Advanced Cancel Circuit. I am using my Canon in Manual mode and as a result there is no pre-flash and because of that it is recommended that the ACC is disabled.

If I don't and use the D2000 in Auto mode and match the aperture on the strobe to that of my camera, what are the issues with not disabling the ACC?

Secondly, would any magnet work (of course it would need to fit in the specified chamber)?

Thanks.

If you mean using the setting the D2000 to auto and with your camera set to no preflash, then that should be OK without the magnet. Give it a try testing it topside.

Maybe give Inon America a call/ email to see if they can sell you a spare magnet/screw set if you think you need it?

What if you use sTTL which cancels the ACC magnet switch? Put camera in auto and set internal flash to auto/on(forced). In these modes I believe the camera will preflash, the D2000 will preflash much stronger, fooling the camera's exposure system to fire a weak internal flash, the D2000 fires the correct flash reducing battery drain and heating. I think it may work that way, it is in the manual under sTTL if I don't have it right.

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom