Insel Air is in trouble again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they mean they discovered it missing? Did they misplace it? Or drop it? (Humor)

....I've not taken the opportunity to dive there yet, would it be safe to presume there are other puddle jumper airlines I might consider in the future?

DiviDivi Air has always been reliable.

Why anyone would choose to fly insel unless they absolutely had to is beyond me.

Probably better off swimming to your destination.

Do they mean they discovered it missing? Did they misplace it? Or drop it? (Humor)
They probably mean that they lost power, not that it went missing.

My wife and I had a terrible time with Insel Air in December, both flights, from and then returning to Aruba. Fortunately, we now have a direct flight to Bonaire from Miami for our visit in August :).

We did slightly better with Bonaire Excel when they were flying, but they had many of the same kinds of problems.

As I have said before.. I'm willing and do pay extra just to fly non-stop to Bonaire.. Nothing like starting a vacation with a screwball airline and missed flights..

Jim..

I agree with the non stop and paying more.
I have also never had an issue with DIVI DIVI - except they never communicate.

....I've not taken the opportunity to dive there yet, would it be safe to presume there are other puddle jumper airlines I might consider in the future?
There being which island? Curacao or Bonaire have direct flights in on real airlines and you can avoid the puddle jumper thing entirely - though probably at more expense and worse schedules to Bonaire. (St Martin, where this flight was coming from, has tons of flights, though I guess less than before the hurricane last year.)

Here is the official press release from the Curaçao Chronicle.

Divi Divi has always been the best option for moving between the ABC's.

If you want to go to Bonaire, You have Delta and United.. AA is starting up shortly.. Its not very cheap to fly into Bonaire... But, the cost of diving and the small island life more than makes up for it... After getting stuck and treated like crap on Curacao I swore I would never step foot on that island again... I'd pay $500 dollars a ticket more thats how bad that island is.. Never in all my travels have I had to get my checked bags and leave the airport terminal and then go back through customs and immigration at a airport that was just a stop to change airplanes..

Jim

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom