Inside the triangle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Completed my ice diving certification today without incident. This was about one of the most intense things I have done in 5 years. There was one interesting moment that occurred in the beginning that I would consider a "miss." One of the firefighters pulled out the chainsaw and completed the first cut of the ice. The boss then told him to hand the saw over to me and said "get to work." It was tricky handling the saw because the ice was slippery and such. I decided to get down on my knees and then I was cooking with gas. as I completed the side the boss yelled at me "stop." "now look down," "ok,?" I said. "look where you are" he told me. Then I realized I was inside the triangle. "oh I guess I should be outside right?" "right" came the reply...:dork2:

Last edited:
Oooops!

If you'd been in a Warner Brothers cartoon, everyone else would have sunk as soon as you realized that you'd cut all around yourself.

Thanks for sharing.

Heh, heh, heh.... that's pretty funny :D
Glad it didn't progress to UN-funny...
Rick

Either that or the ice would have fallen from beneath only him while he stood there suspended in air "running in place not moving" until he finally fell into the water.

As with the others, I am glad it ended the way it did, but the story was rather humourous. Thanks for sharing.

Oooops!

If you'd been in a Warner Brothers cartoon, everyone else would have sunk as soon as you realized that you'd cut all around yourself.

Thanks for sharing.

I can not stop laughing, since you did not fall in. Just thinking about what could have happened.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom