¿ Insight on Delta Airlines return to Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the business development section at Delta is a bit more sophisticated than social media monitors. They have to be assured that the possible financial gain is sufficient to offset the certain financial cost and opportunity cost of opening a new flight. There’s probably a lot more money to be made strengthening an existing schedule to Orlando or Hawaii where it's obvious that demand has rebounded.

The only way that might get Delta to consider returning to Cozumel, us if thousands of people hit them up on social media.
Actually, I think that's the best idea to try. Post that on Cozumel FB forums.

I think the business development section at Delta is a bit more sophisticated than social media monitors. They have to be assured that the possible financial gain is sufficient to offset the certain financial cost and opportunity cost of opening a new flight. There’s probably a lot more money to be made strengthening an existing schedule to Orlando or Hawaii where it's obvious that demand has rebounded.
I agree. I believe that what will move the needle for them is attempts to buy plane tix, not posts on Facebook or whatever.

Well they would be silly not to take a closer look at something trending on twitter or whatnot. Numbers rule the day, but maybe you get them to read the Coz numbers more closely?

Flew Delta once CZM-Detroit-IAD. Let me say Delta in Detroit was 'interesting'.

If I tested positive, I would immediately get another test.

Would you retest at the same facility or look for another if that was an option?

Would you retest at the same facility or look for another if that was an option?

Probably another place. If I think it's a false positive I would want a different set of hands, processes, and equipment on it.

I keep asking...They keep saying not at this time. Surprising because we're flying good loads in the leisure markets.

I keep asking...They keep saying not at this time. Surprising because we're flying good loads in the leisure markets.
This is starting to sound similar to the Cozumel - Playa del Carmen ferry situation. It may be that if they are running one flight a day and requests for it are more than they can handle, they are OK with that until the demand is 2X their capacity to serve the market if their competition isn't that formidable. Meanwhile they can just raise the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom