Insta Dry wetsuit thread unraveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Wife got a Insta Dry wetsuit and I see white threads in a seam unraveling. Cut the loose thread off, but when examining the suit, it seems the seams were just held together by that single white thread.. The suit seems to be completely glued and blind stiched. Without the thread, is the glued seams going to separate?

at some time it will..keep some neoprene cement and aquaseal around to repair it..This is an issue I found with the suit.The crotch area usually goes first with tears in it.This may be why Henderson dropped it.Works great and very warm suit but longevity is not there.

I have an InstaDry, and it is the worst suit I have ever owned. I did send it back to henderson for repair after just a week of diving in Belize but basicly gave up on it after that. I had the same problem with the stitching, you can glue and heat seal but it will be an ongoing problem.

So the thread basically unraveled completely in that seam and I see what looks like white glue holding the 2 pieces. Shouldn't the rubber cement hold properly given that it basically fused the 2 adjacent pieces of rubber permanently?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom