Insta-roomate on a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanessar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am going to Palau on the Aggressor on May 20th -- solo. As I will be sharing a cabin with a insta-cabinmate, I was wondering if anyone had had a similar experience.

Thanks,

V

Yes, several times... but none of them were unpleasant (even though the cabin mates were all guys).

And the truth comes out! LOL

Join the NAVY and get 25 at a time. Go for Subs and get a cabin 6'6"x36"x20", you can just about roll over in it.

Oh, and you get a curtin to!

Gilldiver:
Join the NAVY and get 25 at a time. Go for Subs and get a cabin 6'6"x36"x20", you can just about roll over in it.

Oh, and you get a curtin to!

And if you take extra people onboard, welcome to the world of hot bunking where your bed is always kept nice and warm for you... LOL

Wildcard:
And the truth comes out! LOL

Ha. What I mean is that DESPITE the fact that my cabinmates were all male, it was tolerable. Had they been lovely lady divers... who knows what might have happened. What goes on on a LOB, stays on the LOB.

pickens_46929:
And if you take extra people onboard, welcome to the world of hot bunking where your bed is always kept nice and warm for you... LOL
On the NR-1 (the only submarine I was ever on) hot bunking was the rule, even with the normal complement.

Not so far - I have managed to get a solo cabin for every trip so far.

However if someone were to be unlucky enough to have to share with me I would strongly recommend earplugs:D (I always carry spares) Something to think about in advance.

We certainly haven't helped Vanessar much with this one... anyone out there offer any more feedback re: cabin sharing on LOB's?

not personally, but a guy who was on the Nekton with us last year told us that on his first two times on the Nekton he had to share a room with bad results. Both times he ended up with a snorer. The second time was so bad that he ended up sleeping every night on the couch in the lounge. So, that being said, I would recommend earplugs for sure just in case. Of course, you may end up with your own room if the boat isn't full.

The diving in Palau is going to be so awesome that you are going to be dead tired by bedtime. :wink:
(We are heading to Palau in Dec and will be on the Big Blue Explorer!):D

robint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom