Insta360 x3 or x4 or GoPro Max 360?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Itsabeachthing

Itsabeachthing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from a liveaboard in the Exumas where one of the guys had a Insta360 x3 with dive housing and invisible selfie stick. All I can say is WOW! We were all amazed by the quality and 360 views we saw of the dives we just were on, often seeing the shark, turtle, corals etc that we may have missed looking the opposite direction, but the Insta360 recorded. Not a huge camera person but I do like to record dives here and there, especially when collecting research data for scientists, Reef Check, documenting Coral health, fish counts, etc. I loved the way you can just do your dives without stopping and taking pictures while it records everything for you, giving a bigger picture view of general dive site health. Software/video uploads for the Insta360 also seemed easy to use/do.

So my question is do I buy the Insta360 x3 which has a lot of non brand accessories available or do i splurge on the newly released x4 with longer battery and 8k or is the GoPro Max 360 the way to go? Appreciate the feedback.

The GoPro Max is almost five years old at this point, while the Insta 360 X4 is only a few months old and the X3 is going on 18 months. The X4 is a no brainer, with the X3 if you get a good deal.

Per their last earnings call GoPro is releasing an updated Max sometime this year. So if you are willing to wait you can see the reviews and pick which one works best for you.

Isn't the Insta360 Ace Pro supposed to be ideal for underwater photo/videography, especially with it bigger sensor, AI based color correction, etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom