Instructor Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm:
Rawls have you ever been down to Boynton Beach? You look very familiar.

Kev...

Must be someone else...I dive on the NC wrecks mostly and haven't been that far South. It has even been 15 years since I have been to Florida up until this past weekend. And that was no further than St Augustine...I can tell you however that I thought Vero was a beautiful place...I have never been that far South before. I really want to head that way and do some diving...But I can say I was really impressed with how nice it was...Funny thing...When I left "the lake" on Sunday, it was sunny and 92 degrees. When I got home to NC around 12:30 it was blowing a gale and 49 degrees. Big low set in. After being in Vero, I really do want to head that way again...before another 15 years passes:)

String:
With the IDC you can request either paper or electronic - you dont get both. At least not in Padi Intl area. The updated manual is sent but time varies depending where you are in the world. Padi Intl the january bulletin said it would come with the Q2 bulletin so that'll be June. Each area for some reason is different.

When you sign up for the IDC you can request either paper or digital, but after you're certified, you should get an updated CD manual with your renewal package every year. I got a paper manual for the start of my IDC and when my OWSI certificate and Cert-card arrived I got a digital copy. When I renew I get an updated manual on CD. I did just have a thought that this might only happen if you have automatic renewal or renew before a certain date - I can't remember and will have to check.

Certainly of 10 people i know that did IDC/IE in the last quarter of the year that isnt the case (all padi intl area).

We were given our manuals on the IDC and were told we'd get a digital update the same as everyone else, in this area Q2. Nobody mentioned anything about getting a manual with a C-card to my group or others and we didnt get one. Just the usual welcome pack.
I guess it could vary from region to region but i dont know of anyone in this area that got one with their C-card.

I was told that I would get the CD version in November with renewal...We'll see...

String:
Certainly of 10 people i know that did IDC/IE in the last quarter of the year that isnt the case (all padi intl area).

We were given our manuals on the IDC and were told we'd get a digital update the same as everyone else, in this area Q2. Nobody mentioned anything about getting a manual with a C-card to my group or others and we didnt get one. Just the usual welcome pack.
I guess it could vary from region to region but i dont know of anyone in this area that got one with their C-card.

Weird - thought it would be the same everywhere. All the new instructors here (Thailand, Asia Pacific region) get one with their OWSI C card...

Am currently sat in the back of class on our latest IDC - IE starts tonight! Can almost smell the tension!! Or maybe the toilet is just blocked again....! :D

rawls:
Just wanted to say that I am sitting in a hotel room in Vero Beach, FL and have successfully completed day one of my IE. Only one day left. Tomorrow will be the open water scenarios...I feel much more relaxed since the pool skills are over as well as the exams...especially the standards. I am simply not very fond of PADI's Instructor Manual...Way too busy and IMHO not very well organized...If all goes well tomorrow I will be a newbie instructor...

Is that you Bobby?

I also took my IE in Vero that weekend I'm Jeff the tall one.

Crowley:
Weird - thought it would be the same everywhere. All the new instructors here (Thailand, Asia Pacific region) get one with their OWSI C card...

Im guessing its not :)

In the last week ive talked or emailed 15 people who did the IDC/IE last year (not about this issue but it came up). Nobody had a manual or CD with their cert card arriving, all were told it would be in the 2007 TBs.
These were 4 different IE groups in 3 different countries covering padi Intl and PADI europe.

Im guessing each region can make its own policy or if it doesn't someone somewhere has communication issues :)

lucybuykx:
I'll second String. I qualified with PADI International last year as did a number of colleagues. Digital version was promised with renewal, but nobody has one yet.

Come to lovely Thailand!! :D

Any offers from PADI Americas or PADI Nordic? :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom