Instructor Gary Taylor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rolleyes: Oronogo and Santa Rosa are used as open water training sites. what's the big mystery? and if they are diving that deep, why use Dolphins?

NOT ALOT OF SENSE BEING MADE THERE!

dive safe
Brock

OK lets get off Gary Taylor for little bit I have another name for ya. Instructor Michael O'Leary, his web site is cavediving.org .Let me have it, we will see if this is any better than the last one.

Also what are you all's thoguhts on the Dive Outpost and there instructors.

From the pictures that you see of oronogo, you are not really seeing oronogo. It is like one of those huge Icebergs, what you see on top is only the tip. Miles and miles of tunnels undercut that place. Average depth 180 give or take ten feet average temp 46 F and average viz back in the tunnels about 500 feet in is around 80+. If you stay in one spot to long you get tons and tons of silt raining down from the rust cycles. Down deep and back in is only a TRIMIX dive and Scooter. You have to have your **** together there. Any brain farts and you will be pushing up daisies. :(

I have seen the maps that were produced by the mine corps and it was amazing how many big rooms and tunnels that run everywhere.

There is evidence that there is a 1/4 scale train that was used in mining that is in the south tunnel around 1000 feet back or so, give or take another 1000 feet and somewhere to the left??? You can go to the mine musem that they have in oronogo and they have photos showing the smoke stack and a few other things being pulled off the train.

Joe.

What about instructor James Hurley. Any info thanks.

:sharky:

Mike is a very nice guy and a good instructor. James Hurley does a lot of surveying and is (I am told) an excellent cave diver. He started the Extended Range Foundation.
Good luck

Jeff-

go to www.subaquaproductions.com to order your copy of that video or just sample a 3 min download. If you order it and don't like it you can send it to me and I will refund your purchase price.

my goal was to help you out. I was one of the guys that bought into all the marketing and nice guy crap and then had to rebuy and retrain and do it the right way. So I'm trying to relate that aspect of my experience in hopes that you will not make those unfortuniate and costly mistakes that I and many other tech divers on this board have made. By all means make you own decisions....I was merely offering an informed opinion and alternate avenues to explore. Tyler Moon is building a website:

www.tylermoon.com

Good luck with your training

Originally posted by roguediver
Maddiver

Thank you for the information. I would love to get a copy of that tape (Cave diving the Yucatan Peninsula) were can I get one. Like I said befor Mr. Carlson im not a cave diver yet but I will be some day soon with the proper training. I wont to know all the pros and cons about every one before I make a choice about anyone or anything; even you. Im not going to pretend to know every thing about cave diving or diving in general but I will do a detailed investigation on every aspect of cave diving. Then and only then will I call B.S. on what I think is B.S. Mr. Carlson I do thank you for the information and any you can give at a later date.

Thanks again.

JEFF HALEY

I would be suspect of a cave instructor that lives in Michigan. There are no caves in Michigan. I have no experience with the man. Former trimix students of his have not impressed me. What I gather from talking other dives is that he does not train Michigan wreck divers in Michigan, for diving in Michigan. Instead has them travel to Florida to train in the warm water. I see that as not fully preparing a person for the type of diving they will engage in after training.

I would have to agree with maddiver on Tyler Moon and he has his own website www.tylermoon.com so check him out. Mr. Moon is a top rate instructor

caverkevin

Maddiver

I'm sorry if i came off the wrong way that was not my intentions, you guys all have more cave training than i have. That is why I'm asking your opinons on all of the instructors names that i come across just for this reason if every one is saying this person is no good but this person here is real good then im going to take that all into account because like you i wont to learn it the right way the first time. And once again thanks for all the comments keep them comeing.

:sharky:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom