Insulting ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the lizard ad. It was great and I have found myself singing, "We're off to see the lizards, the wonderful wonder lizards of Coz" And wishing I could go along with you guys.

(compliments of Jimmy Buffett)

I'm turning off the waterfall the tourists can go home
I feel it time to travel take time to write a poem
Time to seek some therapy I'm going walkabout
Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt

Off to see the lizard
Off to see the lizard
Deja deja deja vu
Believe it and it will come true
Veja veja veja du
What works for me might work for you

Deja deja deja vu
Believe it and it will come true
Veja veja veja du
What works for me will work for you

The USA doesn't invade other countries ... is that what you're saying?

Well, except for ...

Korea 1950
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959
Guatemala 1960
Vietnam 1961
Congo 1964
Laos 1964
Cambodia 1969
Guatemala 1967
Grenada 1983
Lebanon 1983
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Iran 1987
Panama 1989
Iraq 1991
Somalia 1993
Bosnia 1994
Sudan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001
Yemen 2002
Iraq 2003

... and while the connotation wasn't always negative, it certainly wasn't fun ... like invading Cozumel would be.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. Is the US military supposed to be sacred or something?

Some of y'all really need to get over yourselves ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm saying the obverse.
Obverse my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, except for ...

Korea 1950
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959
Guatemala 1960
Vietnam 1961
Congo 1964
Laos 1964
Cambodia 1969
Guatemala 1967
Grenada 1983
Lebanon 1983
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Iran 1987
Panama 1989
Iraq 1991
Somalia 1993
Bosnia 1994
Sudan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001
Yemen 2002
Iraq 2003

... and while the connotation wasn't always negative, it certainly wasn't fun ... like invading Cozumel would be.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. Is the US military supposed to be sacred or something?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey I was involved in a couple of those invasions! The diving was not bad some of those places...

Well, except for ...

Korea 1950
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959
Guatemala 1960
Vietnam 1961
Congo 1964
Laos 1964
Cambodia 1969
Guatemala 1967
Grenada 1983
Lebanon 1983
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Iran 1987
Panama 1989
Iraq 1991
Somalia 1993
Bosnia 1994
Sudan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001
Yemen 2002
Iraq 2003

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think your a little liberal on your definition of invasion. For instance, attempting to rescue hostages or bombing terrorists in Yemen is hardly an invasion.

And what was Iran 1987? Iran-Contra Scandal?

I'm pretty sure North Korea invaded South Korea and we, as part of the UN came to the south's defense. I would not call that a invasion either. Nor would the defense of those people in Baltics being exterminated.

Normandy was an invasion, but wouldn't you say that it was not just the US and it was for the freedom of EU? A military operation is not necessarily an invasion.

As to the subject at hand, I was in the Military, as was my father and his father. I was a little shocked by the add, but not really offended.

I'm more offended by NWGratefulDiver categorizing all military operations as invasions and listing them as if we were the instigators.

It depends what side you're on, but the connotation is always negative.

Lionfish invade South Florida.........................Go Lionfish

So allies invaded Normandy has negative connotation to you?

How about ScubaBoard invaded the Keys?

I'm more offended by NWGratefulDiver categorizing all military operations as invasions and listing them as if we were the instigators.

I am offended by misunderstanding of word invasion.

Invasion can be of a liberating nature.

An invasion is a military offensive consisting of all, or large parts of the armed forces of one geopolitical entity aggressively entering territory controlled by another such entity, generally with the objective of either conquering, liberating or re-establishing control or authority over a territory, forcing the partition of a country, altering the established government or gaining concessions from said government, or a combination thereof. An invasion can be the cause of a war, be a part of a larger strategy to end a war, or it can constitute an entire war in itself. Due to the large scale of the operations associated with invasions, they are usually strategic in planning and execution.

iztok, I like your countdown. That is classy The day my two kids completed their OW was a priceless moment we'll have a lifetime.

:)

I just got bit sad news from pediatrician today :( so countdown might be a "bit" optimistic as she might not ever made it. But at least I know she will have the est care we can provide.

On a good note her parents decided to let us adopt her due to needs she has and will have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom