Insulting ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a cop or deputy or anything, just a sometimes citizen volunteer, but...
As to the subject at hand, I was in the Military, as was my father and his father. I was a little shocked by the add, but not really offended.

Add: 2 + 2 = 4, if you using a power of 10
or how many names can I list on Facebook?​
Ad: short for advertisement :D

If I were offended or insulted by this ad, I d wear 2 seven mil wetsuits.

Add: 2 + 2 = 4, if you using a power of 10
or how many names can I list on Facebook?​
Ad: short for advertisement :D

So I'm busted by the spelling cop!:rofl3:

Hey, can I get a grammar cop over here:

So allies invaded Normandy has negative connotation to you?

How about ScubaBoard invaded the Keys?

Re "SB invading the Keys" ; if I own a boat, or if I'm a reef?
Re Normandy; It has no connotation to me. It's just a story I'm not really familliar with.

I'm more offended by NWGratefulDiver categorizing all military operations as invasions and listing them as if we were the instigators.

That's because (a) you choose to be offended, and (b) because you choose to assign negative connotations to a term that doesn't necessarily imply them.

I'm not responsible for your choices ... you are.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Re: "SB invading the Keys"
I'd suggest using the term swarm instead of invade, but then; some killer-bees, mosquitos, locust might be offended. Stampede is out also, got to remember horses and cattle.
I could be wrong, but it seems like nowadays, there is always somebody seeing more in what was intended, in just about everything, than really is. :coffee:

That's because (a) you choose to be offended, and (b) because you choose to assign negative connotations to a term that doesn't necessarily imply them.

I'm not responsible for your choices ... you are.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Shouldn't you be asleep? What-ah-ya, mad to live, or sumpthin' ?

Re: "SB invading the Keys"
I'd suggest using the term swarm instead of invade, but then; some killer-bees, mosquitos, locust might be offended. Stampede is out also, got to remember horses and cattle.
I could be wrong, but it seems like nowadays, there is always somebody seeing more in what was intended, in just about everything, than really is. :coffee:

That's where "spin control" comes in. "SB improves the economy of ________" (fill in your favorite destination.)

If we spin it right, maybe Congress will provide matching funds! :rofl3:

If I were offended or insulted by this ad, I d wear 2 seven mil wetsuits.
It's simpler than that...

If you were insulted by the ad, then be happy about the quick change that took place and reward yourself by registering to Invade Cozumel!

OR...

If you thought the ad was funny then laugh your butts off while you register to Invade Cozumel!

Either way, it's a win/win situation. Tchuss!

Shouldn't you be asleep? What-ah-ya, mad to live, or sumpthin' ?

Getting ready to go diving, actually ... and catching up on SB while eating breakfast ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom