Insulting ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am deeply offended by this ad which implies that Normandy isn't nice…

Seriously, besides the fact that there seems to be a missing word ("Isn't it nice…") in the banner, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Just my 0,02 €

The Lizards has to be one of SB best banners, imo
Thank you Emily. I was informed that it was a finalist in some ad contest, but I freely admitted to stealing the images off of the internet, so it was probably disqualified. :eyebrow: We may run that one again at some time.

I just hope that people don't lose sight of the incredible deal it represents. 8 days in Cozumel, including DIVING, HOTEL, FOOD and BOOZE all for only $850.00 DO or $815.00 Triple Occupancy. You just have to get yourself there. It truly is the commercial wholesale rate and far better than we ever got Invading the Keys. ScubaBoard is not making a single dime off of this trip to keep it fun and affordable. Click the link in my signature if anyone is interested.

Thank you Emily. I was informed that it was a finalist in some ad contest, but I freely admitted to stealing the images off of the internet, so it was probably disqualified. :eyebrow: We may run that one again at some time.

I just hope that people don't lose sight of the incredible deal it represents. 8 days in Cozumel, including DIVING, HOTEL, FOOD and BOOZE all for only $850.00 DO or $815.00 Triple Occupancy. You just have to get yourself there. It truly is the commercial wholesale rate and far better than we ever got Invading the Keys. ScubaBoard is not making a single dime off of this trip. Click the link in my signature if anyone is interested.

Wish we could, but doing the DNY Invades Bonaire, back to back with the SB Invades Coz, just ain't in this working boy's budget! We had a ton of fun diving with Cardzard and friends during last June's trip, and really wish we COULD do both.

You did get a great price, that is for sure. Maybe next year if we get the time slot penciled in a bit earlier in the year, so I don't book a conflict?

I am deeply offended by this ad which implies that Normandy isn't nice…

Seriously, besides the fact that there seems to be a missing word ("Isn't it nice…") in the banner, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Just my 0,02 €

While I was not truly offended, the very first time I saw the ad I knew that there would be many who were going to be.

Now that I have your attention, I need some more Coz pics. Send the pics to support@scubaboard.com or PM me the links right here. Same goes for Iguana shots.

I also need crappy viz shots for a take off on the car commercial: "You can dive this, or you can dive that..." No hamsters, but I might use Iguanas. :D

You did get a great price, that is for sure. Maybe next year if we get the time slot penciled in a bit earlier in the year, so I don't book a conflict?
I replied to Jim in a PM, but it bears repeating publicly: If you have a group that wants to get GREAT pricing: just PM cardzard. Clicking that link will do that for you. We will ALWAYS have a yearly invasion of some sort, and we might even have two if the numbers permit.

If you want to host an invasion and can accomodate 100-200 divers, then also just PM cardzard. We don't have to dive the same boats or stay in the same hotels, though that would be nice. Talk to the other providers in your area and make us a deal we can't refuse.

Last edited:
Just curious. Had you actually seen the ad when you wrote this reply? How can you say that an ad with pictures OF THE MILITARY wasn't meant in any military sense?

The OP thought of invade in a military meaning b/c there were a bunch of images of military operations.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by thinking that maybe you wrote this repsonse after only seeing the lizard ad, or something along those lines.

Well of course I had seen it. But it didn't take a lot of intellectual effort to realize that the word "invade" when it came to Cozumel was meant in a different sense from the same word in relation to the military images. It was a clear and obvious play on words as anyone who gave it a bit of thought would have understood. Now I'll reciprocate and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't really think the ad implied that SB would invade Cozumel with tanks and rockets.

Now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't really think the ad implied that SB would invade Cozumel with tanks and rockets.
No rockets, but tanks will be provided free of charge! :D (NitrOx is extra)

Active duty Navy, 1999 to present and currently deployed. I had to do a double take when I saw the add, but I found it kind of amusing and not at all insulting. In fact I had made a similar joke a few times before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom