Insurance - DAN or diveassure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan:
My LDS changed from recommending DAN to Diveassurance FOR 2006!

Maybe 'cuz LDS's get a commission?

Over two months ago I filed a legit claim with DiveAssure. At first my follow up phone calls were got me, "it's takes 30 days to make a decision." Since then, every follow up phone call gets me "it's under review". It is a black and white issue, so I'm not too happy with their customer service at the moment. In fact, I'm still waiting on a call back from a supervisor that had been promised me.

oh really? have to check on that.

Galun:
Yes, this is another thing that I forgot to mention in my original post. In a case like this (border line "diving accident"?), diveassure will no doubt cover this as it is written in their policy. Will DAN cover an incident like this?

Work with a lady who, while getting off the dive boat, broke her ankle. A claim was submitted to DAN and the claim was denied because she "wasn't diving" when she broke her ankle.

Thanks to OP as this was a issue I am evaluating. Leaning toward Diveassure.

Although Diamond 1500 is more than double the cost of DAN Preferred ($155 vs $70) it offers the following advantages IMHO.

1. $5000 comprehensive equipment coverage - not just "diving related"

2. $100 deductibles for trip cancellation/interruption - vs. $250

3. Non-diving illness/accident coverage for you and family members (wife and kids don't dive...yet).

4. Primary coverage - as previously noted

Seems to worth the addtional cost. Hope I never need it...especially the $10,000 for "repatriation of remains to USA".

I'm glad this came up since I need to get insurance too.

What's the difference in coverage between the DiveAssure Diamond plans? They list Diamond 10000, 7500, 5000, 3000, and 1500 in the quote tool but the chart only lists 3 variations.

I probably don't need the uber vacation insurance features anyway.

As pointed out in a similar thread, its a moot point as DiveAssure is going away Jan 1.

Otter: Isn't PADI's insurance going away? Diveassure is a different agency.

Correct me if I'm mistaken....

That post seems to be about PADI insurance going away, not DiveAssure.

edit: heh, simul-post

Matt S.:
What's the difference in coverage between the DiveAssure Diamond plans? They list Diamond 10000, 7500, 5000, 3000, and 1500 in the quote tool but the chart only lists 3 variations.

I believe what you are looking at is the amount of exposure DiveAssure is exposed to on a per cancellation/interruption claim. If you most expensive vacation (per person) you'll have during the year is $1500, then that is all you need. If you are planning something more expensive you'll what to consider additional coverage.

What made me choose DiveAssure is that you are covered in case of a death of a family member THAT DOES NOT LIVE WITH YOU. Got an elderly parent? Something else to consider.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom