Insurance for Scuba Equipment including Underwater Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lonely Boy

Contributor
Reaction score
Do anyone know if there is any insurance company doing scuba equipment (including underwater camera) insurance for resident outside USA? I have tried DEPP and H2O and they are not doing insurance for non US resident.

By the way, I am Hongkongese.

:confused:

I'm based in Singapore and have had absolutely no problems getting insured by DEPP (don't know about H20). Did you manage to talk to them about it, or were you basing that on what was said on their website? If you need to, call them at the number listed on their website or email them at INNPROGRP@aol.com.

Good luck, but I'm sure you'll find they do insure beyond American soil.

Hi Lonely Boy,

Fortunately, I've never yet had a need to claim on DEPP insurance, and I'm absolutely hoping I never have to. I'm sure others on this board have though, perhaps you could try the archives? Most reports that I've read have been very positive, although having said that they're mainly from American viewpoints.

I do know that should anything go wrong, they use a local dive operation/underwater photo shop who I know to be experienced at camera repairs as the base through which all exchanges, replacements, and repairs will be done. Because I know this shop pretty well, I have a lot of confidence in the DEPP coverage. You might want to ask DEPP who their Hong Kong partners/affiliates/providers are and do some background investigation.

Hope this helps.

I'm in Canada, and use DEPP for my u/w camera setup, and I have made a claim -- no problem.

Very efficient. In fact the company that I sent the camera to (as I was told by DEPP), offered me a loaner until they could repair the camera. Talk about customer service!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom