Internet vs. LDS--A conversation I had this morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AND--I have a court date tomorrow at 9:00am...then I'll be divorced...grin! Beer, pool and karaoke 'cause I'm just a high class party kinda girl... :D

Ang

IF you are going to be around and want to a bunch of us are spending labor day weekend at BS and we will have fireworks and camping and best of all DIVING !!! oh yea and we will probably have some beer. any and all are invited.

AngieDinOKC:
AND--I have a court date tomorrow at 9:00am...then I'll be divorced...grin! Beer, pool and karaoke 'cause I'm just a high class party kinda girl... :D

Ang

BS?

Angie

BS? Bull Shoals, Arkansas, maybe? Of course with this crew, it might have a double meaning. :D
You are a testiment to your gender! Also, did anyone talk with you about a Gear Maintenance course? Natasha at Scuba Adventures in OKC teaches it and does a good job, both during the class and for follow-up.
Hope this hasn't soured you on all the dive shops in this part of the state.

komi hunter:
BS is Blue springs here in Indiana it is south east of Indianapolis. It may be alittle ways from you but if you want to come you are welcome. We will be there all weekend.

Hey Brian,

Do you have a map or directions to BS you can post on the KPP?
I opened my link for BS in my favorites and it states the site is for sale?
If I remember correctly, even when the site was up, their directions were
not very complete and confusing.

Thanks.....

Marek K:
And it doesn't change the conclusion that the shop quite rightly lost a customer...

It could be argued that the customer was already lost when the customer bought from somewhere else besides that shop.

LDS can not compete with the Internet. If they try and match them, they will find them selves out of business very quickly. And when that starts happening, I will be curious to see how people start getting their airfills online.

and lets see people take an openwater class online??? checkout dives could be a little more interesting!!!! :wink: :wink:

diverbob:
It could be argued that the customer was already lost when the customer bought from somewhere else besides that shop.

LDS can not compete with the Internet. If they try and match them, they will find them selves out of business very quickly. And when that starts happening, I will be curious to see how people start getting their airfills online.

Hey guys...don't get me wrong here--I've purchased EVERY SINGLE PIECE of my gear from a dive shop, in person, with my hard earned money. When it comes to dive gear, I don't believe that cheaper is better and I will ALWAYS pay for the value added service of advice and personal attention. My point was that I in fact HAD purchased my dive gear from a shop, I didn't go back to the original shop to get some issues that I needed corrected because that shop is 250 miles from my home...I called a LOCAL OKLAHOMA shop to help me out with the issues that I had. They were going to deny me service, or charge me exponentially MORE for a service because they jumped to the conclusion that I had purchased my gear from the internet. I was actively searching for a local dive shop to do my business with because, when I moved here from Texas, I didn't have a local dive shop...and unfortunately because of the way I was treated, I still don't...and haven't been diving since my trip to CSSP over a month ago because I don't feel that I will be treated fairly or honestly by the dive shops that are closest to me. Cutting of my nose to spite my face? Possibly...but I'll be dam*** if I'm going to spend my money at a business that thinks it's their business in the first place where I purchased the equipment that I'm going to PAY them to service. I'll be more than happy to save that money to spend on trips to South Florida, Texas and Mexico to dive ...

Angie

Wish you had time to come back down and dive one more time before jetting off to Cozumel! We miss you.... :)

Back
Top Bottom