INTERSPIRO divator mk2 regulator unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cg13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering getting the INTERSPIRO divator mk2 regulator unit because it seems very safe when switching gas because it warns you wen you need to switch and it also switches back to your normal tank when you Chang tank for another dive so you cant accidentally be breathing of your reserve tank say a pony bottle for example

I was wandering dose any one have any experience with this piece of kit also the bail out option only said it was to be used with surface supplied air diving is this correct

could I connect my pony to the set up.

thanks

For normal reserve gas situations, no problem. Switching gas can also mean to different gas mixtures, not so good.

You always have to consider the failure mode. Ask yourself: what happens if a valve leaks on the switching manifold? Will one gas dilute or enrich the oxygen level you are breathing to a dangerous level? This is an critical issue in commercial diving where we have many banks of different gases feeding the surface supplied diver’s umbilical. To much and the diver suffers oxygen toxicity symptoms or damage, too little and the diver can black out or our get bent if it is a decompression mix.

Also ask yourself how you plan to manage air sharing with a buddy or if you are the one in need. Also consider that shore entries and surface swims suck on a full mask. You can get just the gas switching block and stay on standard second stages.

Omni Swivel Gas Switch Block (Right Hand) 2 inlet 1 Outlet

There are also several other full face masks out there that you could consider if that is what you want.

this mixing of gases Is not a problem because I would only have air in my pony

I am considering getting the INTERSPIRO divator mk2 regulator unit because it seems very safe when switching gas because it warns you wen you need to switch and it also switches back to your normal tank when you Chang tank for another dive so you cant accidentally be breathing of your reserve tank say a pony bottle for example

I was wandering dose any one have any experience with this piece of kit also the bail out option only said it was to be used with surface supplied air diving is this correct

could I connect my pony to the set up.

thanks

Do you mean switching source or switching gas ?

Back
Top Bottom