Intova Sport HD is one heck of "bang for the buck" product

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like some of the new features but would prefer that I could control when the display goes off and a black and white mode would be too cool.

Used the Intova Sport HD in Grand Cayman last week. Hadn't used it since last June. It worked perfectly. Red filter is a must. I'm still amazed at the price-performance (value) of this little camera.

I'd post a sample video, but my wife would turn it on upon entry and record the entire dive. That's a lot to edit through :shakehead:

Insta-Gator,

Did you remove your videos from Youtube? I can't access them at all.

No, I did not. I went to YouTube and could not find my channel either. Apparently with Google acquired YouTube they decided to require a Google+ account. I am resisting getting a Google+ account. I have enough social media/forum stuff going on. I don't need any more spam.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll look into another home for some video. I don't take good videos (content) but I do enjoy showing how well the little Intova Sport HD works. (BTW, I am not affiliated with them in any way, nor am I compensated for my comments on their products)

---------- Post added January 1st, 2014 at 11:31 AM ----------

OK, I'll try Photobucket. Remember, don't blame the equipment for the ineptitude of the user.

Grand Cayman, October 2012. Short demo of with and without the use of a red filter at about 30 or 35 feet.

Filter - No Filter At 30' Video by insta-gator1 | Photobucket

Scubaboard Invasion to Bonaire, June 2013. About 78 feet. No lights used.

AMBA0002_zps967e4171.mp4 Video by insta-gator1 | Photobucket

Last edited:
I still need to work on a steady hand and slow movements. Last trip to Cayman my wife used the SP1 the entire time, on an extension pole. Worked pretty good for stability but she likes chasing fish and the videos will make you dizzy :laughing: The viz in Grand Cayman (DEC 2013) was not very good because of the winter storms and winds, so I haven't bothered posting any. Besides, she likes to start the camera at the beginning of the dive and turn it off at the end of the dive. Then she thinks I'm going to edit an hour long video. :shakehead:

Insta-Gator

Based on what you wrote, is it correct for me to understand that the Intova Sport HD II is better than the GroPro 3 top of the line product at a much better price? I need confirmation from you since our company will be marketing and selling the Intova products in Libya and I want to be able to say what I think you said to the client knowing that I am telling the truth.

Better? I don't know. I've never used a Go Pro of any kind. However, I believe I paid $160 for the Intova Sport HD, $10 for a 8GB storage chip, about $20 for the red filter and maybe $15 for the extension wand (IIRC) So, for roughly $200 +/- I have a terrific video system that was originally designed for underwater videos, not adapted for. To me, it's an excellent value.

If you're going to be marketing the Intova, I suggest you have a couple of side by side videos, one Intova, one Go Pro, and let the client decide which they like. Then, give them the retail price list for each unit, including all the pieces and parts. Note that the Go Pro does not come with an underwater housing, or at least did not originally. Be sure you all up all the costs of what is required for each. You will be successful.

BTW, I've had to request customer support from Intova and they were outstanding! The firmware in my original camera wasn't working right, so they sent me a new Intova Sport HD. :thumb:

I am sure that Intova's customer support will be miles above GoPro's. I know this first hand.

Joe,

Can you please give a table of comparison between the HD II and the latest version of GoPro (the highest package they have)?

Back
Top Bottom