Introducing the Inflatable DIve Platform

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer a sit on top kayak. It's a lot more versatile and a shore diver can extend his/her range quite a bit in addition to having a stable platform and storage space. Additionally if one is willing to buy used a sit on top kayak won't cost much more than your platform and it won't puncture.

If you prefer a sit top kayak, that's totally reasonable, but that's a very different thing.

This is 3x4 feet and weighs 14 pounds, so it's a bit easier to transport to and deploy at the dive site than a kayak.

If you prefer a sit top kayak, that's totally reasonable, but that's a very different thing.

This is 3x4 feet and weighs 14 pounds, so it's a bit easier to transport to and deploy at the dive site than a kayak.

I've got an innertube that does the same job.

To add about using a kayak.
I have a nice wheel dolly that the kayak sits on for easy transport from the truck to the beach. It has nice wide air tires so it doesn’t sink in the sand. I can put my scuba rig in the tank well, my weight belt in the kayak, anchor, fins and other things and wheel the whole thing down to the water in one trip. I can even take a spare tank if I want and change out tanks on the water. I have room inside the kayak for stuff too, drinking water, snacks, fishing license/car keys/I.D. etc. in a little otter box.
I have plenty of room for my speargun too!
During surface intervals I can lay back and warm up in the sun out of the water.
My kayak is my second favorite piece of gear next to my S.C.U.B.A of course.

To add about using a kayak.
I have a nice wheel dolly that the kayak sits on for easy transport from the truck to the beach. It has nice wide air tires so it doesn’t sink in the sand. I can put my scuba rig in the tank well, my weight belt in the kayak, anchor, fins and other things and wheel the whole thing down to the water in one trip. I can even take a spare tank if I want and change out tanks on the water. I have room inside the kayak for stuff too, drinking water, snacks, fishing license/car keys/I.D. etc. in a little otter box.
I have plenty of room for my speargun too!
During surface intervals I can lay back and warm up in the sun out of the water.
My kayak is my second favorite piece of gear next to my S.C.U.B.A of course.

That's very apparent.

Did you notice all of the other items that the OP has available for sale?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom