introduction/question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltySpit

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi.

This is somewhat of a repost from the meet 'n greet forum, but since I believe I will be spending most of my time in this part of the forum, I figured I would repost it here along with my very first set of questions for the day...read on.

I am fairly new to diving (currently AOW cert'd), but plan on doing my DMT somewhere in south east asia (probably thailand) in mid-late '08.

And so, pursuant to this declaration of intention, i'll be asking a ridiculous amount of questions regarding anything and everything I can think of relating to my DMT goal.

FAIR WARNING: I can be an annoying SOB with my incessant inquiring.

So, consider this a pre-apology for future annoyances that may be visited upon you by me...and I would also like to thank anyone in advance who is kind enough to help me with any and all information they are willing to part with.

With that being said, my first couple of questions are as follows:

First, how long should I expect to intern as a DM before I have a "respectable" amount of experience to find paying work? Secondly, what type of expectations should I have about obtaining work as a DMT after my certification? And lastly, how much should I expect to make working as a newbie DM?

I understand that DM work can be highly competitive, especially in Thailand. For my DMT, I am hoping to have enough money saved to intern at a shop for 3-6 months...and in that time, I hope to do learn as much as I can, and also dive as much as I can. However, I would like to try to extend my stay somewhere in Thailand after my cert (I am looking to stay for about a year). Obviously, finances are an issue...so, ultimately, what am I looking at?

Salty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom