• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Invasion 2016 Travel Details Thread

Discussion in 'ScubaBoard Invasion 2016 Philippines' started by cardzard, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ROXANNE

ROXANNE Artist

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'm not sure what your question is.

2. snowdog61

snowdog61 Solo Diver

Ok so just booked our flights - MCO-MNL $1337 PP RT. We will be arriving MNL 6/10 then continuing on to Palau for the week. Back in MNL 6/18 @ 0855 for the Invasion then heading back to Orlando (MCO) 7/2 0930 on ANA/United. Still have to book 2 nights in Manila through Madura but think the hard part is over! Woohoo!

Audsred and cardzard like this.
  3. snowdog61

snowdog61 Solo Diver

As an FYI -
    I ended up booking through cheapfareguru.com - was a few hundred less than expedia. Expedia was cheaper going to Palau though so go figure. Anyways, the rule used to be 128 days out and on a Tuesday. Can't say if that still holds with the way things are now with the internet and high speed transactions but for the Eastcoasters, flight travel times vary from 21+hrs to 40+hrs with those being calculated incorrectly, omitting entire legs of the flight at times. So verify the math and check more than one site if you are doing the travel yourself. Also I found it was way cheaper to go end to end roundtrip (MCO to MNL for us) rather then try and get flights on individual legs(eg MCO-LAX, LAX-HWI, HWI-GUM, GUM-MNL) by a large amount. Makes sense though since the airlines get to keep their books a bit more tidy

cardzard likes this.
  4. ScubaSparky85

ScubaSparky85 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Are there any clothing requirements for dining? Like no flip flops at dinner, long pants required, or shirts must have sleeves, etc.? Can you be in a bathing suit / rolled down wetsuit, no shirt and barefoot for lunch? Are there any times we will be required to dress "fancy"?

What's everyone bringing for underwater wear? You know I usually stick to just some jammers, but I was thinking of picking up a 1mm wetsuit. Would this be fairly appropriate for the location - similar to Coz temp conditions?

Audsred, cardzard and ROXANNE like this.
  5. Audsred

Audsred Photographer

When I was at Dumagette - I usually wore a swimsuit w/ cover-up. if I wasn't night diving I would wear t- shirt and shorts. I think the chairs might be cloth so probably nothing to wet, if I remember correctly the restaurant has open sides.

You might want to bring a 3mm for the second week - I usually dive the first week in a skin but the second week I start to get chilled from being in the water so much and need a 3 mm.

6. ROXANNE

ROXANNE Artist

:whacky:Thanks Audrey! I'm finishing up the details for the Packing, Travel and Diving Tips thread and should have it up by midweek.

Audsred, ScubaSparky85 and cardzard like this.
  7. MNJoe

MNJoe Solo Diver

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

John,

Just a wild guess, but I am pretty sure you won't be able to wear your Borat Suit to dinner.

8. ScubaSparky85

ScubaSparky85 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    AWWWWHAATTT, but I just got one in cheetah print!! … am I joking?? ahhh, who knows, hahahahaha.

This should be suitable for dinner though, bow ties are classy.

mankini tuxedo.jpg

Audsred and ROXANNE like this.
  9. Freakita

Freakita Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Why? OMG whyyyy!!!??

Audsred and ROXANNE like this.
  10. Kevrumbo

Kevrumbo Banned

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Easy packable, between dives/after dives, SE Asia Tropical Casual Wear: Ladies/Guys just shop around for a durable, inexpensive nice color pattern AND MODEST COVER-UP Sarong/Lava-Lava. . .

Freakita likes this.