Invasion II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver:
Hilary! Do you have a kayak? If you do, bring it! Seriously, I want to do some kayak snorkeling when I'm not on the dive boat, and I'd be happy to have some company!

If you don't...Florida Bay Outfitters not only rents kayaks, they deliver as well. Becky says we can launch right from Kawama.
No I don't have one but I really like to kayak. I'm only diving the mornings. I left afternoons free so I could play around and relax so that might be just the ticket!

speargirl:
Well if you girls are going to the Speigal:11: I'm going to let you use my GPS and Hand Held and I will be on shore waiting for you to Hale me to come and get you in my boat:rofl3:
That was kind of my point, as I know the Speigal is a ways from Tavernier. (Or at least I think it is....not claiming any expertise on the boat locations here. :) ) But it would be fun. Never dove from a kayak, I guess it's just a matter of good configuration. On a calm day you'd splashdown and then gear up, right? Seems like fun!

I plan to spend time exploring some of the lil' patch reefs not far from shore. Maybe even going bayside. Kayaking is sweet because you can get in mere inches of water, and you can get really close to the wildlife.

If anyone plans to kayak out to the S.G., let me know so that I can alert the media...or at least the Coast Guard! :rofl3:

HilaryRN71:
That was kind of my point, as I know the Speigal is a ways from Tavernier. (Or at least I think it is....not claiming any expertise on the boat locations here. :) ) But it would be fun. Never dove from a kayak, I guess it's just a matter of good configuration. On a calm day you'd splashdown and then gear up, right? Seems like fun!
Its only about 13 miles.

I'm finally back looking at the conversations.

I also have a sit-on-top and kayaks and canoe's which I'll bring along to join the kayaking groups. We can launch at Conch or at Ocean Point. I've also got a portable GPS for to get back.

And again as a note, the Friday Night After the PM dive - MARAGARATA SLUSHY PARTY will happen again this year in my Ocean Point Room. All R invited, we'll again go through many many pitchers of slushy's. If you've never had them before, ask those from the past years. They do go down smooth.

Maybe we can find a place and get some pizza also.

I think I had started a list of things to bring to Ocean Point - like dish soap, dish towels, paper towels etc. I'll try to dig up the list and post it again.

Looking Forward to the Keys Wreck Diving with Conch and PARTYING - again!!

Geo / The Irishman

Today, I received a spreadsheet with the dives and who is diving when/where. I can't speak for anyone else, but my dives are perfect. Thanks Brenda & Gary!

I'm a happy camper too!! And I'm happy to see that I won't be the only kayaker!!!

I am diving Saturday and Sunday afternoons, so I'll be looking for kayaking/snorkeling company anytime Friday and on the other two mornings.

DebbyDiver:
I'll be looking for kayaking/snorkeling company anytime Friday and on the other two mornings.
Me, me, me!! :D I'm doing PM dives Fri, Sat, Sun. I'm staying at Kawama.... a morning launch from there would be ideal (for me.) Where u stayin' Debby?

I can hear Jenny already.........
"Anyone up for a sunrise yakking???":rofl3:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom