Invisible Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I love my green Tan Delta Force Fins! There's just something about that translucent material that is just so much cooler than my first pair, regular yellow.

I've always wondered, though, what would it be like if they were completely without any color at all; clear? Can you make them like that? I'd bet they'd practically disappear under water. Cool!

Did I mention that before I recently tightened up my bungee straps, I lost a fin twice in one weekend? Both times were after the dive, wading along the shore back to the entry point. The first time I got all the way back, about a block, before I noticed the fin was missing! I waded back as it was getting dark, and bumped right into it. So I would have found it anyway even if it had been invisible! How cool is that?!?

And what about psychedelic, tie-dyed insteps and strap pads? What about that, hmm?

Yeah, that would be cool. I bet if they could make clear fins with springs in them it would be even better.

I'm almost certain that getting fancy looking fins will make a diver go faster.

So what are you drinking tonight?

OMG ... I was thinking this exact same thing last night!!!

Well, come on Blair how about it
If you can do the Diamond whiskers, can you do a diamond fin
Do you think it would look good

I may have to change my order with Poseidon, again :shocked2:

I've always wondered, though, what would it be like if they were completely without any color at all; clear? Can you make them like that? I'd bet they'd practically disappear under water. Cool!

Invisible fins - I am loving the suggestion. I do think it would be a very "Special look" I use Diamond clear whiskers on my Excellerating Force Fins and they really disappear underwater, no matter what the vis is.

As far as the psychedelic colors, well Bob has made them before in the Original Poly material. Stay tuned for photos from the past. We shall see what Bob has to say when he returns from the NOGI Awards Gala about making a Diamond Clear Force Fin. Thanks for the suggestion and interest.

Sambolino44 finding a Force Fin is always a great treasure especially when it is yours! Glad to hear you have your Bungie straps adjusted and ready to go!

Diamond Clear Tan Deltas.............. I may just have to order another set of Deltas !!!

Transparent Fins may be cool, but I'd rather have some bright colored fins (yellow or orange). I've found that they can be really usefull where ther is really low viz to help the diver that is behind you to stay in the group.

Cool and useful are often mutually exclusive.

Basically, I was just putting the idea out there; something I had been thinking about. Just curious what others might think, actually.

I lost a fin twice in one weekend?

If you had transparent fins, you would have only lost it once... never to be found again...

i think a fin should be coloured so that people can notice you (besides making it look really cool)...its a simple yet overlooked precaution...

If they were transparent, you could rig up some LED/ fiber optic system to have them glow. Now THAT would be great for following divers.

Back
Top Bottom