IP Question - ScubaPro MK25 / MK17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an IP gauge and a hex key set, for the MK25 job, you are already there. It would be fairly trivial for you I am thinking. Doing a full service on them is a quite a bit more involved. The 17 uses shims to set the IP - you have to open it up but may only need to remove a shim (if there is more than one) to bring the IP down. I wouldn't be too concerned at 145 however. Having the IP gauge is a very handy tool to diagnose your regs - you have it so learning what it is telling you again, doesn't seem like it would be much for you. You said the IPs were solid so you're golden other than the adjustment

You're tempting me... but I think this one is going to be left up to the pros... they can tune the second/ octo, and swap batteries out (user serviceable... but i'm paranoid i'll flood something)....

I'm ok with sending them out if they need to be looked at...

ok - read what was posted while I typed. At 160 my 2nds would be leaking since I tune right to the edge

My primary had an ever so slightly hiss coming from it, but I tapped the purge a few times and it stopped...

Well you got the IP gauge so you have right tool. Nothing wrong with deferring to the pros but even then, I'd be checking the IP when it comes back.

The 17 uses shims to set the IP

Not even close to truth... The 17 (a diaphragm) has an adjustment hex plug under the black plastic logo cap and the environmental diaphragm (that is what the load transmitter passes through).

Of importance is to re-assemble the environmental seal diaphragm with the regulator pressurized.

I'd suggest downloading the maintenance manual from FrogKick....

You're tempting me... but I think this one is going to be left up to the pros... they can tune the second/ octo, and swap batteries out (user serviceable... but i'm paranoid i'll flood something)....

I'm ok with sending them out if they need to be looked at...

Wise decision. Corrosion also my major problem on my MK25 (green stuff in the internal parts). I send it out for service every 2 years since I bought it new in 2005.

I do carry IP gauge whenever I go to dive trips to check whether the IP pressure is creeping or out of spec, especially after 100 dives since it was rebuilt. The IP tends to get steadily increasing to off spec (160 psi) before creeping & freeflowing. I think yours is close to that point.

Not even close to truth... The 17 (a diaphragm) has an adjustment hex plug under the black plastic logo cap and the environmental diaphragm (that is what the load transmitter passes through).

Of importance is to re-assemble the environmental seal diaphragm with the regulator pressurized.

I'd suggest downloading the maintenance manual from FrogKick....

Thanks for correcting me - was going from memory on my wifes regs. Knew it was a diaphragm but confused it with her MK20. Her 20 has the shims as it wasn't converted to the adjuster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom