IQ - 950 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruin Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got back from a wonderful diving trip in the Philippines using my Zen Air IQ -950 dive computer. The computer was brand new and was first being used on this trip.

Overall it's a great computer with all the functionality you could ask for. The air integration was a great feature along with the ability to check out my husband's as well.

Unfortunately on dive #9 with the computer I realized mid dive that it had somehow reverted to Gauge mode rather than the Norm computer mode. My comp is set to norm mode so should not have moved to gauge mode during the dive. While under I tried to switch the setting but was unable to change it. So the comp acted as an SPG rather than a comp during that dive. At the surface interval my husband repeatedly tried to change the comp into norm mode but was unsuccessful, we followed directions (which worked in changing his Zen Air) into the appropriate modes but mine remained frozen in gauge mode.

I continued on my next dive (#10 with this comp) and decided to dive following tables since the comp was not working.

For two more days with no diving we tried to get the watch out of gauge mode with no luck. Finally we found one day it had turned itself back to norm mode on its own a few days later.

I was overall really happy with the comp but now quite concerned and disapointed in the malfunction of such a new product. Looking at the firmware updates this does not seem to be an issue so I'm worried a new issue has come up with this relatively new comp.

We were originally interested in the Oceanic Atom 2.0 which are backordered but went with this watch under the encouragement of our LDS.

Hoping Tusa has an answer for this problem and no other issues arise. It's a great comp and I was bummed to have this happen

Thanks!

HI-
Thanks for the update and feedback. We have not had any reports of the type you describe with the IQ-950. Initially, we suggest visiting your LDS so they can review the computer and troubleshoot as necessary. Additionally, we recommend updating the firmware on the unit. If those steps do not alleviate the issue the computer should be returned to our service department. For return, please contact the customer service department at 800-482-2282 or info@tusa.com for an RA#.

Thanks. Would a dive comp purchased in the last two weeks not been shipped with the new firmware update?

Hi-
All new production and stock has been updated, however, it would be recommneded to check the firmware version on the wrist unit. It could have been in stock at retail prior to the update, etc. Instructions for checking firmware version are outlined in the user manual.

Once in dove in gauge mode you can not go back to air or nitrox mode for 24 hours after you last dive. If you accidently set it in gauge mode which is easy to do you will be stuck for 24 hours after your last dive.

Back
Top Bottom