Is 16 dives in 3 days too aggressive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) you can.... i regularly do it.... on liveaboards...
2) in cozumel you will need a private boat, likely without return to shore.
3) i don't believe any regular operator is going to have a structure where you can do this many dives.

is this more of a 'wish' as opposed to someone offering it...because if it's a wish, i think you are going to be disappointed buddy...

shorediving you can do 6 if you just fall off the dock, get back on the dock as they change your tank, fall off the dock again etc.

indeed....i always go into bonaire with an attitude of: 'right, if i plan xxxx i can get 4 x nightdives in between 8 pm and xxxxx etc'......and then after the 2nd one i'm all 'where is my beer'... :)

I need a divebutler on a boat to do 6... basically a manservant to ensure all i am doing is getting out, taking 8 steps, shedding my kit and him helping me put it back on...and even THEN 6 dives is a push...

I can’t imagine 16 dives in three days. Most of the diving is deeper, say 60-120. There are shallower dives, but it’s really unlikely any dive operation would do that many shallow dives. Transit time would also make it difficult. Three or four dives a day can be a lot in Cozumel. As others have said, this would require a lot of shore diving, which is not Cozumel’s strength.

I guess what I am asking having never dove in Coz before is 16 dives doable or way too aggressive ? Been kinda playing with profiles to see where I end up on the charts but not sure of the depths of most of the dives so that makes it a little hard to estimate. I am Nitrox Certified so I will be using it to help extend my time. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Sounds exhausting, to be honest.

I’m guessing L/min? Which isn’t exactly great...
Well, 20 liters/min is about 0.7 cuft/min, and 20 psi/min (as shown on a Shearwater for an AL80) is about 0.5 cuft/min. With the former rate, he is possibly gas limited; with the latter, possibly NDL limited.

I was diving for thirty years before I made four dives in a day earlier this year. I can't imagine making five or six. They would have to be short dives. The work of gearing up alone six times would make me not want to dive the next day.

Back
Top Bottom