Is a long hose cumbersome on dive boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP's question is really about Slobs vs Non-Slobs. If you're a slob, EVERYTHING is cumbersome. The length of ones hose is irrelevant.
Speak for yourself. My wife LOVES the long hose..configuration.

he asked about on the boat for Christ sakes not in the water read it ............

he asked about on the boat for Christ sakes not in the water read it ............

Hey, it's a conversation, not a legal deposition.

You brought up a non-standard approach to dealing with the long hose, so some of us were interested in that. Maybe your way is better and we will all change. I read these threads with an open mind. But it would help to know the thinking behind it.

you stow the long hose on the tank TILL you gear up and go into the water .......this is my last post about it .....

Hi OP,

I have been diving a long hose primary for three years. I don't notice it being a problem for anyone. I do have a bolt snap attached to the hose a few inches from the second stage. While not diving, the bolt snap secures my necklaced second and my primary second to the BCD.

cheers,
markm

So are you saying that you stuff the hose for the boat ride only? And then use the standard hog routing? Honestly we are trying to interpret your somewhat cryptic replies.

you stow the long hose on the tank TILL you gear up and go into the water .......this is my last post about it .....

2 bands go on the tank , you weave the hose under them keeps the stowed neatly and out of the way till you need them . 1 pull and it deploys

Aha... the second quote sure seems like you are diving with them like that, you can see how that was confusing to some of us.

But seriously, why "this is my last post"..? Don't you come here to talk about scuba diving? If someone challenges something that you posted, is that not acceptable?

Maybe tell us why that's better than the more common way of managing a long primary hose, instead of taking your ball and going home.

Maybe tell us why that's better than the more common way of managing a long primary hose, instead of taking your ball and going home.

Seems kinda common for some divers from that area.

Speak for yourself. My wife LOVES the long hose..configuration.

If you're are saying what I think you're saying,......................... there are uncomfortable depth limits involved.

No issues so far with the long hose if you know how to manage the length. I have a velcro strap high up on the right shoulder harness (the type used to retain LP inflator on some BCs), and would secure the longhose using that strap after coiling up the hose. After that, the boltsnap gets clipped to my right D ring, so the second stage doesnt dangle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom