Is an empty live aboard fun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh. private trips are the best.. you get all the attention in the world.. :)

Ping me when you are in Triton Bay in April. We will be there diving as well for our Pre-wedding shots.

Once upon a time, I ended up the only guest at a resort. Omg, it was like being a princess and I had 3 or 4 dive guides on every dive with me.

Meals were a bit lonely and evenings ridiculously quiet but my gosh, I'll never forget that trip. Imagine if it had been my honeymoon!?

I had the opportunity to stay at a ski lodge in Vermont just before ski season as their only customer.

Place was empty save for a VERY friendly proprietor. Distinct 'The Shining' vibe to the place. Nearby town was called 'Killington"...

It was an interesting night.

(At some point when there's a fully operating hotel and no other guests you start to look closely at the meat you're being served for dinner...)

I had the opportunity to stay at a ski lodge in Vermont just before ski season as their only customer.

Place was empty save for a VERY friendly proprietor. Distinct 'The Shining' vibe to the place. Nearby town was called 'Killington"...

It was an interesting night.

(At some point when there's a fully operating hotel and no other guests you start to look closely at the meat you're being served for dinner...)

:rofl3::rofl3:

My experience was great, until near the end which had nothing to do with the place or the crew and food was delicious.

Sadly, I received word from home that a lifelong friend had been killed in an accident. I was not consolable, which made the staff very uncomfortable (though they were wonderfully kind) and then the advantage was that there was no one to see me grieve.

I don't wish that on anyone but other thsn that sadness, it was incredible to be the only guest.

That would be so wonderful on a honeymoon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom