Is Dacor dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just received the LeisurePro "Underwater Equipment Guide" today and it's a REALLY BIG BOOK ....... on page 3 it has the "Brand Index" listing of all the brands they sell. THERE WAS NO LISTING FOR DACOR ...... could not find any Dacor merchandise in the LeasurePro catalog. Mares is listed along with 90 other manufactures but nothing about the Dacor line of equipment .....

atsenaotie:
I called Head USA (203 855-0631) and spoke with Lee. I explained my situation and asked if there were exceptions to the end date on the trade-in or anything he could do to help me out. He told me there were no exceptions and had not been any once the offer expired in September. According to Lee there was nothing he could do to help me out.
Why not try talking to Phil, it was his comment...

atsenaotie:
I called Head USA (203 855-0631) and spoke with Lee. I explained my situation and asked if there were exceptions to the end date on the trade-in or anything he could do to help me out. He told me there were no exceptions and had not been any once the offer expired in September. According to Lee there was nothing he could do to help me out.

Sorry you were refused, customer service gave you a stock answer. Please call me at ext 1205 or Karen at 1212. As mentioned we will help you out.

Phil

daniel f aleman:
And HEAD stock flounders at $3.50 a share - run by boobs...

Daniel,

As always, thanks for your kind words and vote of confidence.

Phil

daniel f aleman:
And HEAD stock flounders at $3.50 a share - run by boobs...
Hey ... if you want a stock tip buy Apple (AAPL) - the stock was up over $7.00 yesterday and may double in price durning the next year because of the new products they have comming out ! Cramer (Mad Money) loves this stock also.

scubapro50:
Hey ... if you want a stock tip buy Apple (AAPL) - the stock was up over $7.00 yesterday and may double in price durning the next year because of the new products they have comming out ! Cramer (Mad Money) loves this stock also.

Where were you last week:)

I do not see a way to amend my earlier post, so I will update here.

I am impressed (and more than a little suprised) with the follow-through from Phil Mintz from Head USA (Mares USA Distributor) about my original problem of no parts for a Dacor Pacer XLE and missed trade in deadline.

In my earlier post I cautioned others to think carefully about a company's reputation before investing in expensive equipment. I still encourage the same thing, but I am pleased to report that the Mares rep made an effort to make things better for me. They have been very responsive, and understanding of my situation.

I am pleased to add another piece of Mares equipment to my collection.

Lewis

Phil,

"vote of confidence": it's right there in the stock price.

Now, I know that the scuba side of HEAD is not where the real problem lies - I still play with the Prestige Classic 600. But be that as it may, Mares has fumbled the purchase of Dacor. Regardless of Dacor's financial status prior to Mares' purchase, Dacor still had a high level of corporate goodwill, and a brand loyalty with American divers and LDS's. Instead of seeing that as an asset, Mares simply thought that they were buying Dacor's distribution network with reps and LDS's, along with what ever patents that might be useful. So, replace Dacor with Mares. Sadly, at this moment, Dacor is nothing more than rebranded Mares equipment except for several legacy pieces.

What should Mares do with Dacor? Well, if HEAD wasn't run by boobs:

Use Dacor as the tech line in the same way that Aqua Lung does with Apeks, and soon, will Oceanic with its new Hollis line. Dacor has always had a good reputation with the "tech diver of the day" - the best alternative to US Divers and Scubapro throughout the years. Look at the Dacor Rig Pro BC, ahead of its time, now discontinued.

So, Phil, next time you are on a conference call with those boobs in Holland, Austria, and Italy, tell them that you have a great idea for the future of the Dacor brand... see what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom