Is Dacor out of Business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking in buying my first regulator and first stage, I saw a Dacor brand new at a good price but if they are out of business, How about parts and service??

Not likely. Unless a dealer has some old stock kits laying around.

It might depend on the model, but given that there is a wide selection of excellent recreational regs out there at reasonable prices, I would personally avoid Dacor. Others will disagree.

If you stick with one of the major current brands that has a long time proven record of support, you'll probably be happier. Those brands include (in no particular order) scubapro, aqualung, zeagle, mares, oceanic, tusa, and others. Mares bought dacor and is not supporting certain models.

basically Mares bought Dacor and shut most of that product line down ... i don't believe they offer any service or replacement parts or anything anymore for most (if not all) of the older Dacor products, but have kept the name alive and do support some of the newer stuff

It might depend on the model, but given that there is a wide selection of excellent recreational regs out there at reasonable prices, I would personally avoid Dacor. Others will disagree.

If you stick with one of the major current brands that has a long time proven record of support, you'll probably be happier. Those brands include (in no particular order) scubapro, aqualung, zeagle, mares, oceanic, tusa, and others. Mares bought dacor and is not supporting certain models.
Is a Brand New Dacor Eagle regulator and Eagle Octopus

The trouble with Dacor is, even if Mares is supporting a particular reg and you trust them to continue, it's been my experience you could still have trouble getting them serviced. (And you may not care about this, but if you wanted to resell the reg you'd probably have trouble finding someone else who wants to buy it.) I can't see buying Dacor when there are good values in regs out there that don't have the baggage.

The trouble with Dacor is, even if Mares is supporting a particular reg and you trust them to continue, it's been my experience you could still have trouble getting them serviced. (And you may not care about this, but if you wanted to resell the reg you'd probably have trouble finding someone else who wants to buy it.) I can't see buying Dacor when there are good values in regs out there that don't have the baggage.

True!
our LDS calls them "DaCrap" because they break so much. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Dacor offered some very competitive equipment at very reasonable prices. dive shops didn't make much of a profit on them, so they would "push" higher-ticket items

i still have my original regulator ever, a Dacor Fury, which i still use as a stage bottle regulator; still good and going strong after all these years

unfortunately, if something were to go wrong with it, that'd be it. i don't believe Mares supports it anymore

no, Dacor was not on par with Apeks, Scubapro, Poseidon, Atomic, and perhaps Aqualung ...

but neither are a bunch of other brands who charge a lot more than Dacor for essentially similar products

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom