Is diving in Qatar a myth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gibb

Reaction score
I only ask, because since arriving here in September last year I have been unable to unearth any diving of any sort.

There is supposed to be a BSAC club here, but they have not responded to over ten messages left on their answerphone. Their email address just bounces back.

My problem is that it is some time since I dived, so I would probably need to train again (would be happy to do PADI).

I have some equipment, I have the 4x4, so is there anything happening here????? :06:

Hi Gibb,
Yes there is some diving here (I go 1-4 times a week now). There are 2 BSAC clubs, one with Qatar Petroleum (disfunctional at the moment) and DSAC who has meetings on Tuesday (last night) There are also many NAUI and PADI divers and 4 decent shops. Viz is pretty bad but most dive off the shore out near the Sealine resort where there are 2 manmade reefs (buses, cars, etc.) Offshore by boat there are wrecks everywhere but most are pretty far so it takes a bit of organizing. I do quite a bit of spearfishing and the best is offshore if you are into that (large Kingfish, Barracuda, Jacks)
Use the private message thingy here and drop me a line. I will pass you my local phone number here-Got to get some diving in now since it is probably going to be a real hot one this summer-I hate diving when the water is 35!! Its about 24-25 right now and with the outside temp reaching 40/100 its enough :)

anton

Gibb,
Have not heard from you... with the current Shamals (sandstorms) all dives are being called off so it will be another week at least. send email to anton @ kaska dot net when you see this and we can chat.

anton:
Gibb,
Have not heard from you... with the current Shamals (sandstorms) all dives are being called off so it will be another week at least. send email to anton @ kaska dot net when you see this and we can chat.

Hi Anton, thanks for your replies. Sorry for the long delay, but I have been away from the internet.

Have PM'd you. Hope you get it!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom